Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Jim Strickland's Mail Bag

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I clicked on the link that wings posted and received an answer to my question from Jim Strickland. Other may wish to email him for an answer and some assistance.

Question:

I had my first C&P was with a PHD Clinical Psychologist with a Diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety not otherwise Specified with Depression with a " More Likely than not this Veterans Anxiety with depression began in service.

5 months later the R. O sent me for another examination by a Board of Two Psychiatrist.

Axis 1 Anxiety not otherwise Specified

Axis 11 - Personality Disorder not otherwise Specified with borderline, dependent and historian traits.

Axis 111 - other illness

Axis IV

Axis V Gaf 40

The veteran has symptoms primary consistent with a Personality Disorder and it appears she did not develop a " Chronic Psychiatric Disorder in service. It is the Board's decision that her Anxiety with Depression did not begin or worsen in service. R. O Decision. We place our weight with the Board of Psychiatrist findings as this was done by a Psychiatrist. Benefits for Anxiety with Depression denied.

Is a Psychiatrist more in the know than a PhD Psychologist?

Answer:

Apparently, in the opinion of the person doing the rating, that answer is "yes". Others may differ in their opinions and that is why you'll now have to appeal your case. I would argue that the VA didn't like the first answer they received and went fishing with other professionals until they heard what they wanted to hear. At this point you would be well advised to contact an attorney who specializes in such work. If you'd like, I'll make a referral for you.

thanks,

Josephine

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine:

Hopefully that makes you feel better about your claim. I don't think that you need an attorney you are doing a great job rebutting faulty VARO logic.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete,

I posted this earlier on another site, but somehow missed posting his final words. I was pleased that he did mention a lawyer referral.

As for the advance on the docket. The AMC dropped that ball again. I spent yesterday faxing the same letter back to the Deputy Commissioner at the BVA and now the word is coming from the top down.

To advance on that docket . I spent a good two weeks preparing a proper letter to the BVA of the negligence that the VA has placed in front of me in what appears to me driving me down the path of destruction.

They have not met with success.

I will fight them and fight them and if I succeed, I sure hope that others in the same situation as I will gain some insight into their own claims.

I will still be here to help them all the way.

I have had a heck of lot of help from the members on this site and believe me Pete, you have been one of my strongest supporters.

We all know that Free has spent months on my claim and I appreciate all the personal messages that I receive from the members.

They sure know when you are down and just a nice letter, helps to pull you back up.

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine