Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lip Cancer

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Thank U for taking the time to read this,

OK, I had a wart looking thing on my lip for 2-3 years as I thought it was an ingrown hair.

Whoaaaa, Dermatology at the VA cut it of & it's Cancer.So, I have to go see someone outside the VA ( VA paying for it) to see how severe it is & if I remember correctly this person will take an insturment like a Razor & start shaing off layers of skin till the Cancer exists no more.

I was under the impression a laser type of instrument was used but guess I'll find out. ha

OK.............Here's the question........I know some types of Cancer are covered by the "Agent Orange" act. & yes I touched foot on ground in the RVN

But, I was seperated from the Navy 12-18-67 & discharged 1-4-71.

Been a while. ha

OK...... Am I still covered by the Cancers Act & such that was written out in the Articles of Agent Orange & what they covered & for how long?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thank You

GARY

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Gary-sorry to hear this-

It could be a STS (Soft tissue sarcoma) which would make it an STS Agent Orange cancer but there might not be any residuals at all that are ratable.

Still I sure would check to see if this falls into the AO STS cancer list.

The STS list should be here at hadit under the search- also at Cybersarge's web site under Agent Orange-

if it leaves a disfiguring scar (hope not) and is found as SC due to AO that would possibly be ratable.

They measure the scar.

It wont add anything to 100% comp however.

Berta

Gary-sorry to hear this-

It could be a STS (Soft tissue sarcoma) which would make it an STS Agent Orange cancer but there might not be any residuals at all that are ratable.

Still I sure would check to see if this falls into the AO STS cancer list.

The STS list should be here at hadit under the search- also at Cybersarge's web site under Agent Orange-

if it leaves a disfiguring scar (hope not) and is found as SC due to AO that would possibly be ratable.

They measure the scar.

It wont add anything to 100% comp however.

Berta

Berta,

Once again, Thank U very much.

GARY

Berta,

Once again, Thank U very much.

GARY

Gary,

Go a head and file. Even if it's nonratable now! You might get rated at 0% ,BUT iF IT COMES BACK yOU CAN JUST FILE FOR AN INCREASe.

You'll get a full medical exam to voice any complaints.

You'll be on the agent orange regristry! Incase you should develope any further medical problems.

Thats my dollar

Ronn