VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Malpractice

Rate this question

ronn

Question

Quick question.

At my last C&P I managed to get my stroke service connected due to radation therapy for the treatment of throat cancer.

Do I need to look into a malpractice suit?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I probably would not go there unless there was something about the radiation treatment that violated good medical practice. This is a bag of worms not to open unless you really have a reason.

"Do I need to look into a malpractice suit?"

Quick question.

At my last C&P I managed to get my stroke service connected due to radation therapy for the treatment of throat cancer.

Do I need to look into a malpractice suit?

Radiation Therapy can result in many things - What was your reason for service connection? Why did the therapy cause the stroke? Those are the issues you must look at. Was the stroke due to malpratice or was it simply due to the fact that you received the therapy? Not enough info in your post to provide any insightful answers.

Radiation Therapy can result in many things - What was your reason for service connection? Why did the therapy cause the stroke? Those are the issues you must look at. Was the stroke due to malpratice or was it simply due to the fact that you received the therapy? Not enough info in your post to provide any insightful answers.

In answer to your question, they killed my thyroid gland with the radation treatments. They were negilent in keeping my thyroid levels under control.

After rethinking this, I'm ashamed of my self for posting this. I should be on my knees thanking these people for saving my life! Cancer kills big time!

WHAT WAS I THINKING !!!

Is that what you get 30 % for?

Was this an award under Section 1151?

Stroke can be a terrible unforeseen event of many procedures.

Have you checked out the Schedule of Ratings? to see if the stroke award is proper amount? I have never seen 30% award for CVA before- it is usually temp 100% and then residuals are rated-

http://www.va.gov/vetapp03/files/0309567.txt