VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sanctura

Rate this topic

I was prescribed Sanctura for over active bladder-post prostate cancer. by my civilian doc. The Spokane Washington VA doesn't carry it and says it hasn't been on the market long enough. I emailed the maker of the drug who states the drug has been out well over a year and VA has access to purchase it. I appealed the denial to the head pharmacist at Spokane VA, who stated the drug was too new etc. I emailed the manufacturer who is trying to find out what's going on at VA. Anyone else used this drug or got VA to supply it? It really worked well for me cut down in half the frequency without the dry mouth etc. The pill costs me $2.00 each and at 2 per day adds up without VA help. I am 60% post cancer and 10% type 2 diabetes.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Jon if you can get your Doc to write that this medicine is the only one that will work for your specific problems the VA will have to get it for you, Working with the manufacturer is brillant. You might ask them if they are willing to provide samples while you fight the VA.

Good Luck and please let us know how this comes out.

Thanks Pete. I should have clairified that the letter I received back from the VA pharmacist was an answer to the last appeal through patient advocate and was a result of 2 letters my doctor addressed to the VA that all other medications didn't work and had adverse side affects. So I am waiting to hear from the manufacturer to see where they get. As it stands now, no Sanctura.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well unless it has changed. a Veteran who can show by a Doctors request that the substitute offered by the VA is not good enought; they have to get it for you.