Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Has Total Rating At 180%, But Rated At 100% T&p With Smc

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I have been working with another veteran who has a total rating of 180% with SMC. He is paid at the 100% rate. He is not IU!!!!!!!!!!!!.

He has been offered a job to work at home using his computer.

The question I have is this. He told me that our RO informed him that because he was NOT IU! that he could make as much money as he wanted because his rating is not based upon IU!

I see this issue both ways. I would not give the VA any ammo to use against me, and what would stop him from making money since his rating is not IU?

I like him am rated at 220% but also paid at the 100% level. I was IU for about 2 years and during those 2 years I always received a letter from the RO stating that since I was IU they would be checking with the SSA and IRS to see if I made any income, however since I have been rated and bumped up to where I am now for 3 years I have not received that letter.

I want to make sure that I reason with this vet and not give me any encouragement to make money if it can hurt his rating. I hop you all can understand what I am trying to say, becasue my thoughts are al over the place. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

He has been offered a job to work at home using his computer

To me this smells of Fraud. It's almost impossible to work at home "using your computer" Most of these are Rip Off's.

Tell him to be VERY CAREFUL.

If he's 100% and not T&P then hey go for it. Bet money he has to pay for something to get started with promises of 4-5k a month.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/invest/homewrk.shtm

Edited by Dataman

• HadIt.com Elder

Dataman even if he is P&T the veterans can work at the 100% level they just can NOT be TDIU and work that is the only contradiction unless they are like me rated 100% for Mental issues one of the criteria for being a 100% is being unemployable and not capable of holding a job

there are hundreds if not thousands of 100% vets working and not at home either I worked with a few at the Post Office I think they should have stayed home but they have the right to work....most of them were mean as hell lol

Greetings,

The job is billing for an insurance company. So it appears that he can do it. In reality it seems that when a vet is rated 100% not for IU, then the vet is not bound to the issue of employment, because unembloyability is not the reason he is rated at 100%.

Even though I also fit into this I am still very leary of making any sort of income. Thank you all and God bless.

Bound4Heaven

If his issues are physical in nature then go for it, but I wouldn't wave a banner in a front yard saying I make XXX dollar while getting 100% disability:-)

The system, as it stands now, is terribly flawed and hypocritical; the VA seems content paying physically disabled vets for social implications, but will not do so for mentally disabled vets who typically suffer far more in that department.......

BTW, medical billing is a legit home income source....one just needs to be certified in medical billing to do it.

Dear Jay,

I agree with you, it apears to be a double standard with the VA. Thanks for your response. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

Do not forget that the Social Security has a Ticket to work and you can draw Social Security AND VA AND WORK at the same time. Social Security gives you up to 60 months and then you either quit working or get off Social Security.

Take advantage of it if you can, a lot of veterans do. q