Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Has Total Rating At 180%, But Rated At 100% T&p With Smc

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I have been working with another veteran who has a total rating of 180% with SMC. He is paid at the 100% rate. He is not IU!!!!!!!!!!!!.

He has been offered a job to work at home using his computer.

The question I have is this. He told me that our RO informed him that because he was NOT IU! that he could make as much money as he wanted because his rating is not based upon IU!

I see this issue both ways. I would not give the VA any ammo to use against me, and what would stop him from making money since his rating is not IU?

I like him am rated at 220% but also paid at the 100% level. I was IU for about 2 years and during those 2 years I always received a letter from the RO stating that since I was IU they would be checking with the SSA and IRS to see if I made any income, however since I have been rated and bumped up to where I am now for 3 years I have not received that letter.

I want to make sure that I reason with this vet and not give me any encouragement to make money if it can hurt his rating. I hop you all can understand what I am trying to say, becasue my thoughts are al over the place. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Good Morning bobbyq..

You wrote..."Do not forget that the Social Security has a Ticket to work and you can draw Social Security AND VA AND WORK at the same time. Social Security gives you up to 60 months and then you either quit working or get off Social Security.

Take advantage of it if you can, a lot of veterans do. q"

Now if a Veteran decides to use the Ticket to work...then I am all for it as long as the intent is pure of heart..that the reason that they have decided to uterilize the program is to get back into the workforce to improve there quality of life...

But just to take advantage of a program for self gain then quit after the 60 months well I find that to be distastefull...even tho there are some who would do such things I perfer to keep by my beliefs that an American Veteran is honorable in there intentions...

MT