Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Should I Head For The Furture

Rate this question

robert51

Question

I presently have PTSD 70% IU and PT and i have had this for about 5 years i still go to the doctor every 2 weeks..(over 7 years now ) my meds keep getting higher and higher started out with 300mg of serquol and 100 Zoloft and now i take 700 serquol and 100mg Zoloft, If there was a rating of PTSD 80% i think i could get it but i am not 100% PTSD over the years it was suggested i look into Sleep disorder and do one of those sleep test and get my hearing checked as the doctor says she can tell i have a difficult time hearing her unless she speaks load and direct.. with all this talk of IU possible stoping at 65 should i persue a higher rating and try to get 100% without IU , As a door gunner on a uh1 during nam i have terriable hearing , and tingling in one side sometimes.. as to the sleep disorder , well when i first got my IU and PT i was so burned out on dealing with the VA i just stoped the fighting but now with IU going away maybe should i persue a higher rating to be safe..??

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Robert when they discuss lowering benefits thay are talking about the people filing in the future, in my entire life I have never seen anyone lose the moeny they were already getting but newbies get lower retirement deals all the time, many automakers now have "temps" that work for half wages and they have people lined up for the jobs 14.80 an hour is better than minimum wage. I think the talking heads on TV forget to take that fact in to their speils "grandfathered" means somethign when it comes to federal checks when you are on a "fixed income" and your lifestyle is set to that it's not exactly kosher to take it away and I have just never seen it before JMHO

i agree with you on the percentages and SS but the IU is really a push how would IU be grandfathered? if you receive it now you will get it for life? Seems more to my logic the bean counters would say .. ok your percentage is yours because your hurt . your SS is yours because you paid into it.. But the IU well you dont need it if your getting SS ... I think giving only 70% for PTSD instead of 100% forces most of the vets with PTSD to either get IU or dig up some secondary things.. Notice how they are real careful to say... Quote... YOUR 70% but we will pay you at the 100% rate because your IU .. so after you reach 65 they could say ... oh well your 65 now so collect your percentage and your SS ... goodby... what will happen is many guys will be forced to try to find a way to make money , Many of the 70% PTSD guys with IU have no SS ;to speak of or very low earnings at best ... so lets see 70% pays 1100 and if you have any SS and its low maybe another 600/ well times will be very tough... My doctor wrote a report for me last year and said she though i should not handle my money and i sent the report into the VA along with my yearly ( are you working form ) the VA called me and asked me if this report was a supplment to my already rate or was i looking for a new claim .. i wonder now if i should of tried for 100% PTSD or would i get a new CP and lose what i already have...

• HadIt.com Elder

that's a tough choice but I have to go with leave things alone I still think the TDIU rate is safe in order to scale you back they have to PROVE you are able to hold a job and I don't see it happening and with the anger over Walter Reed and the VA I don't see a cut back on veterans compensation. But as the old saying goes "opinions are like azzholes everyone's got one and no one wants to hear it" B)

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 100% P&T for PTSD only I have an appeal in for heart disease as a secondary issue but I have had a stroke and 7 heart attacks, a failed triple bypass and 2 stints that have also failed I have a pumping faction of 25% and only one artery moving blood also CHF so I might not make the 10 yr mark otherwise I would drop the issue but the odds are my heart is going to quit before I get to Dec 2013 I was told CHF has an avg life exp of 10 yrs that was in 1997 do the math my times up on avg. I will be in Augusta until Thursday EEG tomorrow morning downtown 9 am cardiac 3:00 Wed shrink I have to call rofl I also have CRS

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."