Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vike 17 Need Your Brain Power

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

I posted this question before under the title need va employee to answer this one. TBird told me the post got hijacked (my description) and for me to repost cause she was closing it.

I got this attachment from my NSO. And had some questions, I dont think vets usually get to see these kind of things?

So My questions were what does the number 1 under combat mean and why are some items listed as peace time and some as gulf war? What is the significance of the two............

post-768-1191245208_thumb.jpg

post-768-1191245220_thumb.jpg

post-768-1191245239_thumb.jpg

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Betrayed,

Hey buddy - I'm not Vike but this may answer your question or at least part of them.

Also, any vet that has had a rating decision can go see their c-file and get a copy of

the papers you posted. Hope this helps.

carlie

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/M21_1MR.html#bvi

<H4 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 12pt">15. Combat Status Codes</H4>

<H5 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Introduction</H5>This topic contains information about combat codes, including

· definition of the term combat disability, and

· description of combat status codes.

<H5 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Change Date</H5>December 13, 2005

<H5 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">a. Definition: Combat Disability</H5>The term combat disability applies to any injury incurred in action against an enemy of the United States or as a result of an act of such an enemy. These injuries include

· wounds by missiles (bullets or shrapnel)

· psychological trauma or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) experienced in accidents, explosions, or airplane crashes during a period when the veteran was in combat

· diseases directly attributable to exposure to the elements as a result of action against the enemy or by the enemy, such as exposure following an airplane crash or shipwreck.

<H5 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">b. Description of Combat Status Codes</H5>The table below contains descriptions for each of the four combat status codes.

Code

Description

1-None

Indicates no combat disabilities.

2-(Comp.)

One or more combat disabilities, all of which are compensable.

3-(Noncomp.)

One or more combat disabilities, none of which are compensable.

4-(Both)

One or more combat disabilities, not all of which are compensable.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Way to go carlie, I looked for this repeatedly and couldn't find it. Yet, a category one does not jive with all the combat related injuries he has listed... I bet someone made a mistake and entered a one. What's your opinion there? I mean the combat related designations must mean the injuries so listed were combat related dont they?

Bob Smith

Sixth,

We have to read the entire code description in realtion to the claimed disability,

going by the description it is quite possible that no mistake was made.

jmho,

carlie

Definition: Combat Disability</H5>The term combat disability applies to any injury incurred in action against an enemy of the United States or as a result of an act of such an enemy. These injuries include

· wounds by missiles (bullets or shrapnel)

· psychological trauma or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) experienced in accidents, explosions, or airplane crashes during a period when the veteran was in combat

· diseases directly attributable to exposure to the elements as a result of action against the enemy or by the enemy, such as exposure following an airplane crash or shipwreck.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.