VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Waiver/service Entry

Rate this question

william n

Question

hello, i received a medical waiver to enter the service for bursitis/bilateral knees, from the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Washington,DC..2 weeks into training they discovered a hairline fracture below my right knee and threw me in a full cast [crotch too toes] fortunately i was not set back in training[graduated with company B) ] can i service connect at all?? many thanks ,will

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

hello, i received a medical waiver to enter the service for bursitis/bilateral knees, from the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Washington,DC..2 weeks into training they discovered a hairline fracture below my right knee and threw me in a full cast [crotch too toes] fortunately i was not set back in training[graduated with company B) ] can i service connect at all?? my knees are giving me alot of problems i just associated it with old age, but maybe not.....many thanks ,will

Absolutely, any REVEALED prior-service illness, that is waived is compensable if the service aggravated or worsened the condition. The military grants waivers all the time for slightly disqualifing factors... and they do keep track of that, but if your service worsened this condition then it is compensable and you can file a claim.... with the whole cast thing I would.

The big thing here for me is you had the integrity to admit this condition prior to entry... you DESERVE compensation if it was worsened by your service, since they accepted you knowing the condition existed.