VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds By Mail

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Well here we go again. My Zanax is 6 days late as well as hydrocodone. Funny how its alway them.

I called and the VA Pharmacy is unconcerned and said don't worry they were mailed yesterday. I guess its sort of like retro pay when they hold up your claim.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

That is really BS since if you take the hydrocodone for a while you will have withdrawal symptoms if you stop cold turkey because the VA does not send you drugs to you on time. They stopped mine cold turkey while I was in the VA hospital. I did not sleep at all for 48 hours. These people seem totally incompetent and I would not depend on them.

Need some advice,

I've only recently been getting some meds from the VA, so don't have much experience yet knowing how soon to phone in for a monthly reorder.

Have only had to reorder once so far, and it took eight days for my meds to arrive. Is that about the average amount of time?

Also, if I wanted to order earlier just to be safe, like at the 2-week point, will the VA system let me do that?

Thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the best thing to do is to re-order as soon as you get your refill. I do this with pain meds and the VA tells me to do this so there will be no SANFU's.

• HadIt.com Elder

Since I called and bitched to my Doctor something funny happened today. FedX came and delivered and made me sign for it. One week late but hey its almost like retro I can get them a few days early next month maybe?

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete I order mine online every month from E Healthvet the only one they won't fill that way is the narcotics, I have to call a 1-800-835-5671 and get "ask a nurse" they get my name and last 4 then I tell them I need my doc to refill my percocets I do it on the 1st of the month as my refill date is the 6th if the 6th is Sat or Subday they send them on Friday like today I got the Fedex truck like clockwork that truck pulls up once a month a 9:05 am I live right next to the airport and I am one of the first stops I have enough drugs here to run me at least 2 weeks if they are ever late with anything what gets hard is the monthly meds, every 3 months refills etc now that gets frustrating

I downloaded the form from E vet to take to the VA so they could enter me into the "system" so I could read the names of the meds rather than just the script numbers, I went to admissions, they told me to go to the FOI-Records office that bastard told me I had to do it at home, and I told him admissions said he was supposed to do it, he states "I don't tell admissions what to do, and they don't tell me what to do" you have to do the sign up at home, I finally got mad and said look they had me print this out told me to take it to the hospital and someone at the VA would enter me into the access data base. Then he goes why didn't you say so, took my paper and opened up VISTA and punched a few keys and just smiled at me. They wonder why vets get pizzed off. My house looks like a drug store 41 open scripts try keeping up with all this stuff rofl