Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another C&p This Time By Qtc Medical

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

I have several feet issues and have overall 30% for flat feet. I filed a reconsideration and now I get call from QTC Medical - a contractor for the VA to do C & P exams.

I don't understand why I need this, I have submitted several doctor notes for 3 different doctors and the basis of my recon was new and material evidence by the VA foot doctor which was not used in their determination.

Why can't they just decide on the info they have? Does anyone have experience with QTC?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have had 3 exams by QTC over the years and they are by and large OK. I don't think the gov gets thier money's worth though. By all means do go because if you don't it is the kiss of death.

Good luck, Stillhere

stillhere is correct- make sure you go to any C & P exam they set up for you.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta 7 Stillhere,

yes I will go to the C & P, I guess I would of have wanted them to decide based on the new evidence that I submitted which was not seen by the VARO. Heck, even the VA and civilian podiatrist write that only major surgies could offer any relief and I would be off my feet for six months for each foot. That would be a year!

I just got the duty to assist letter in the mail and they are asking for any additional evidence - which I have turned in. I think I will check the box that says decided the claim in 60 days.

Is it a good idea to bring this QTC dr all my foot evidence from my previous doctors?

Thanks.

stillhere is correct- make sure you go to any C & P exam they set up for you.

Berta, is it wise to file a claim without knowing the contents of your service records? I called the VA and was told to file a claim reopening my old claim from 1990 for my knees which they denied! I requested a copy of my record but was told that I had to submit another claim in order to review my records since they were closed. Why would the VA still maintain my record after 17 years? maybe it's a good thing but I would like to know what's in there so I know what I need to do to win my claims!

Yes take the dr's treatment records with you to the exam and give them to the dr but make sure you keep a copy of what you give them. They may look at them and may not but they are required to put any information you give them in your C file.

Goodluck, Stillhere