Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Urgent Matter! What To Send To Ssa/dds

Rate this question

jmack

Question

Hadit Members:

I just received my C-File from the VA. Should I just copy the complete file and send to the Disability Determination Services? Is there anything that I should take out such as the part that shows my entitlement amount? Although it is MY benefit that I've EARNED, there are alot of civilians out there that think otherwise. Are they less likely to approve or deny you your SSDI benefits if they have this information or does it matter? Please help! I will be preparing the evidence for the SSA over this weekend.

Thanks,

jmack

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

All you need send them is your "award letter", assuming you are 100%.

You might send them your medical records if they have not already created their own medical file on you. If it is going to the DDS I would assume that there have already been exams, etc., and a medical file.

They just need to know that the VA has found you 100% TDIU P&T ect ect ect.

K.I.S.S.

LarryJ:

Thanks, I am rated 100% p/t. Initially I sent them the copy that showed the results of my c&p (rating decision) telling me about DEA and informing me that my SC disabilities are total and permanent. Will the DDS understand it as WE do or does it need a big stamp saying, "100% Permanent and Totally Disabled". I hope that by them reading the reason for decision section or even having it will cause any harm. Was it a mistake to send that seeing as though that was the only way that I could show them that I am 100% P/T?

• HadIt.com Elder

Naw, you're doing fine. I was just hoping that you didn't/wouldn't send them your WHOLE C-file.

They'd see that mess of paperwork and their eyes would glaze over, probably to the point that they'd never even take another look at it.

They will undersand it, for yours is not the first one that they have ever seen.

I know, it makes you want to take it to them, stand there while they read it and make sure that they DO read it and DO understand it. But, they will.

The submission of your rating decision was a good decision on your part for it will provide to them what the VA has rated you for, a summary of the relevant evidence used and the total rating issued by the VA. Good luck.

Right-

If VA award of 100% P & T comes before SSA decision-it supports a SSA award and vice versa (if the SSA award is for same disability they SCed)

SSA will get your med recs- I agree- with what others said here-just send the SSA copy of your VA award letter.