Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

No surprise here, I was assaulted by a Doctor while in the pysch ward. No way I would ever have surgery in a VA Hospital. I am still looking for a good malparactice attorney, anyone know of one.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

Enter this in google.com search..let say you live in Concord, Ca. Better if you indicate full word of your state..

malpractice attorney concord, california

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

VA PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATIONS: Sens. Dick Durbin and Barack Obama say their own investigation raises serious questions about Veterans Affairs Department claims that officials couldn't have known about a surgeon's troubling history before he was hired at an Illinois VA hospital. In a harshly worded letter to acting Secretary of Veterans Affairs Gordon Mansfield on 11 OCT, the Illinois Democrats said their staffs easily found enough information to warrant a closer look at the qualifications of Dr. Jose Veizaga-Mendez. Veizaga-Mendez resigned from the Marion, Ill., VA hospital in August, shortly before the hospital suspended inpatient surgeries because of a spike in post-surgical deaths, reportedly from OCT 2006 to March of this year. Durbin has said he was told that nine people died at the Marion hospital during an unspecified six-month period when the typical mortality rate would have been two. He also has said that after hearing from Dr. Michael Kussman, a VA undersecretary, it is clear Veizaga-Mendez had some involvement with those surgeries. Veizaga-Mendez was hired in Marion even though he was barred from practicing in Massachusetts last year after accusations of grossly substandard care. "It appears the VA's efforts to discover the truth about Dr. Veizaga-Mendez, his past professional history, and the circumstances surrounding his license forfeiture were far from adequate and may have put the veterans seeking care at Marion in danger," the senators wrote. In a statement Thursday, the VA said it conducts a thorough background check that includes verification of professional credentials, competence, personal backgrounds and checks them against the national Practitioner Data Bank-Healthcare Integrity and Protection Data Bank. But Durbin and Obama said Kussman and another VA undersecretary, Dr. Gerald Cross, had said it was impossible for the VA to know whether Veizaga-Mendez had accurately described why he had surrendered his license in Massachusetts. "A cursory check by our staff of publicly available information has cast doubt on the validity of that claim," they wrote. Some of the information was readily available on the website of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine, the senators said. At the time the doctor was hired at Marion, information about medical malpractice payments he had made in 2004 and 2005, as well as the fact that he had been the subject of a hospital disciplinary action, were available on the website, they said.

• HadIt.com Elder

I actually believe that the VA seeks these Doctors out and hires them. They don't sneak in the back door they are welcomed at the front door.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

It's Pathetic....Had a Doctor who spoke such bad english at one of my c/p's I had to request a nurse to interpert what she was asking me.....

I had the same experience when I went to the VA for treatment in 1969 prior to reenlistment in 1970. The only word he said that I could understand was my name!