VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medications

Rate this topic

Hey Jim if the doc wrote the scripts and gave to them why do they need to contact the docs before filling them?

I thank God for my Tricare. If the doc writes it, it will be filled no matter what even if I have to go off post and pay the 3 buck co-pay. Helluva lot cheaper than the 8500 you have to pay!!!! Mine run about 9 grand if I did not have my wonderful Tricare.

Anyway I know what you mean about the VA. I went to a C/P for an increase in hypertension. During Triage my CP was 266/138 and they would not start my exam until I went to the ER. At the ER I had some 20 year old guy from God knows where that I could not understand tell me how bad my neuro doc was and told me that he was adding a new med to my HTN treatment. When I finished the C/P I went to get the medication. On the bottle it said there was 90 pills and to take them 1 per day. However, there was only 12 pills in the bottle. I went back in and asked the ole boys what happened to the rest of the pills. They gave me the same crap about having to speak with the doc; the pill fairy forgot to bring the pills etc......As I was leaving they said the rest would be mailed to me. That was in June 07 and still no pills!!!

Don't matter anyway my neuro said the pills would not like the other meds he has me on for Dejerine-Roussy and that the VA doc was crazy.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffered for almost 16 years of my life having a hard time to see and wearing those thick glasses that made me like a 50 years old loser. I had my astigmatism when I was young (back in my adolescent's stage) then last year I decided to be free, free from glasses and contacts that's been part of me for almost 16 years. Im sick and tired of having a limitation in all things that I do, especially with my favorite sports and doing some stuff, my Astigmatism was really a hindrance to me not only in my passion but in my work, So last year as a thanks giving gift to myself I fly to Kansas to have a Lasik exam in my2020 to determine if im a good candidate and fortunately I was. Right now I can say that im in the process of healing the side effects of it (and its normal) and I feel good and great about myself not wearing those contacts and glasses anymore. Its nice to live like a normal being.