Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Type 2 Diabetes Secondary To Agent Orange Exposure

Rate this question

danang_1969

Question

I have a high school friend that I grew up with and he is now in bad health as is myself. After high achool we both joined the military and both ended up in Nam in 67-68-69 but we were at different locations and branches of service. He was discharged at 10% SC on his bad knee but has now he has type 2 diabetes and is being given medication for it by the VA for the type 2 . He has a SC claim in on the type 2 for awhile.My friend asked for and inquiry from his state senator's office and they him a letter saying that all Agent orange claims were on hold until after the lawsuit against the VA was over. Is this correct information? Is Type 2 not a presumptive and shouldn't he be getting sc'd on this with no problem on this? He also has COPD and is on oxygen and has all the same medical conditions I have. Coincidence we have most of the same stuff you think.

Danang_1969

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The VA has Blue Water Navy AO claims on hold.

With his incountry service in Vietnam they should not have his claim on hold at all.

He is covered already by the Nehmer class action court order and stipulation-

did this BS come from his State Senator? or the VA itself?

• HadIt.com Elder

Danang

That is such a load of HS I can't believe it. Giving information like that should be a crime. If your friend set foot in RVN he has a good claim for DmII and all secondary condtions arising from DMII. The more things change the more they remain the same. Your friend should get the AO Registry Exam. There may be more things wrong with him due to AO.

Paraphrasing from VBM pp 178 -

the claims for "Blue Water" veterans is on hold at the RO And BVA levels because the Hass V. Nicholson case is pending Appeal.

Regardless of the outcome of Hass Apeal, veterans and their survivors satisfying the Vietnam service Requirement if they can prove the veteran set foot on land in Vietnam.

Table 3-1 lists Type 2 Diabetes with no time requirement (veterans qualify no mater when this disease first appears.

Also another document to look at would be Traing letter 00-07 "Training Letter on Cardiovascular disorders". M21-1MR Part III Subpart iv, 4.F.22.e for complications that can result from diabetes.

Also looking at the regulations for special monthly compensations (SMC) is a good idea especially for ED which is a side effect of Diabetes and hypertension (hypertension is also considered 2ndary to Diabetes). SMC(k) is give for ED under the auspices of Loss of reproductive organs. If you have other complications those can be secondary SC also.

HTH....

Frank

The VA has Blue Water Navy AO claims on hold.

With his incountry service in Vietnam they should not have his claim on hold at all.

He is covered already by the Nehmer class action court order and stipulation-

did this BS come from his State Senator? or the VA itself?

State Senator letter

Danang

That is such a load of HS I can't believe it. Giving information like that should be a crime. If your friend set foot in RVN he has a good claim for DmII and all secondary condtions arising from DMII. The more things change the more they remain the same. Your friend should get the AO Registry Exam. There may be more things wrong with him due to AO.

There is, he has many things wrong medically.

Danang_1969