Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Auto Allowance

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

What the VA definition of loss of use for the purpose of granting auto allowance and special monthly compensation? I have 40% rating for left knee fusion(no movement) and 10% for left foot complication. I am also scheduled for total right knee replacement. Would my conditions be considered enough for auto allowance and smc?

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here it is....

Subcommittee Chair Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D-S.D.) introduced H.R. 675, the Disabled Veterans Adaptive Housing Act, which is being co-sponsored by Boozman. The bill if approved would increase the amount of assistance available to disabled veterans for specially adaptive housing grants. The bill would increase the maximum amount from the current $50,000 to $60,000.

So look up HR 675... heck I will here

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-675

Bob Smith

Guest rickb054
Here it is....

Subcommittee Chair Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D-S.D.) introduced H.R. 675, the Disabled Veterans Adaptive Housing Act, which is being co-sponsored by Boozman. The bill if approved would increase the amount of assistance available to disabled veterans for specially adaptive housing grants. The bill would increase the maximum amount from the current $50,000 to $60,000.

So look up HR 675... heck I will here

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-675

thanks for the info, hope it passes into law.

I used hisa ($4100)about 4 years ago so I don't think I can again, but thanks.

"The check goes to the dealer , less than two weeks." quote

I've been waiting for my check for 3 months...ordered new truck sept 1st...truck was made to order...it's here, check isn.t....if you received an award .... apply for it now...don't wait...award is good for one time for life...

Guest rickb054
"The check goes to the dealer , less than two weeks." quote

I've been waiting for my check for 3 months...ordered new truck sept 1st...truck was made to order...it's here, check isn.t....if you received an award .... apply for it now...don't wait...award is good for one time for life...

well what can I say.. money was there in less than two weeks... but tht was in 1999 maybe today takes longer to count the money who knows

thanks for the info, hope it passes into law.

I used hisa ($4100)about 4 years ago so I don't think I can again, but thanks.

Have you changed addresses? If so I think you can. Its not a one time deal, and I know of no time constraint. Is there one? I'll check and see.

Also, 2 years ago the dealership I bought my Lincoln at received the $11,000 check in 2-3 weeks.

Bob Smith

Also if you have a worsening condition requiring further modification... I think the HISA rolls over again... like I said let me check this is "what I think" and not what I know, but I am CERTAIN that you can use it more than one time, at the FULL benefit amount each time.

Bob Smith