Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Hold A Job Until The Va Rates You And Still Get 100% Mental?

Rate this question

labonte1000

Question

Hi, just wondering can you work and get 100% for anxiety/panic. My problem is, I'm only 26 and I looked into SSDI and since I'm young I would only get $900 a month. I have really bad anxiety and panic symptoms, keeping me from work. I haven't worked since july of 2006. My symptoms are getting bad, but at the same time I really have to get some money, Is it possible to explain to the VA, that your forcing yourself to work until you get a higher rating. It's kind of like a catch 22 right now. I need to get money, but really don't think I can work, but at the same time will have to force myself past the symptoms because so I can get money, just until a higher rating comes in. Will the VA understand me/ what I'm going through.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Gaining TDIU will probably require statements from you past employeers. If you walk into an exam, expecially mental exam, asking for 100 percent schedular or TDIU and you are currently working you might as well forget it. Same with SSDI if you are working then it will not be approved.

I don't think this is a VA attempt to not give you a 100 percent rating. If you can work then that is the best thing in the world for you as it will give you a sense of purpose in life. They just ask that if you can work - you work. jmho