Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd Claim @ Examiner/miami

Rate this question

william n

Question

on 12/13/07 going for a voc rehab. assessment...if i submit will this carry alot of weight along with a doctor letter that says due to my medical problems my employment should be put on hold till completion of ALL therapy and then be re-evaluated..? william n

Edited by williamn

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If you are talking about va voc rehab and are turned down or they say your condtion is to bad for voc rehab then this is very important evidence both for ssd and a va claim. After the exam you must request a copy from the va voc rehab and submit it as evidence for your claim. The va or ssd will not get it for you. You must get it your self. I was turned down for voc rehab becuase of my ptsd and I believe it was the turning point in my va claim. Also I gave a copy to ssd and since ssd wants you to work and voc rehab says you cant this is critical evidence on both sides.

got my letter stating not eligible for va voc rehab at this time,signed by the va voc rehab coord., due to the severity of disabilities,appts. pending,medication,therapy[med/psyc],cannot obtain / maintain any gainful employment at this time, etc,.sent it immediatly to disability determination services in miami where my claim is being evaluated..sent copy to the RO in support of my claim of SC/IU..not worked since march 31,2007, ssooooo i think i have a pretty good chance.does anybody agree?? regards william n

• HadIt.com Elder

I wouldn't count any chickens right now I don't care if you can see the eggs, the VA has gone daffy on PTSD and TDIU, do you have a solid claim yes will they rule in your favor who knows?

Testvet is right the voc rehab makes your claim stronger but make sure you have the medical evidence to back up the voc rehab report. Never count on the va or ssd to do the right thing. Just keep providing them strong evidence and never give up.I believe you are on the right track. good luck.

thanks for the input...i was awarded 100% nsc pension on 12/03/07..i wanted to have an income? coming in, while i fight for SC/IU...ssd should oblige me as well?? who knows... i sent the letter from the Dept. V A voc rehab coordinator stating not eligible for services, due to multiple disabilities..too SSD/Miami and am now days away from perfecting my SC disabilities claim and then i'll sit back and wait..physical therapy x2weekly--occupational therapy x2 weekly..its VERY important you keep these appts. as SSD wants to see your making an effort in your treatment and even if an award letter comes..Documentation,documentation, documentation,disability=evidence.....regards, williamn

Edited by williamn