Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam Results

Rate this question

Flatbroke

Question

Got the results for the two exams I had Nov 24th.

Cant make heads nor tails of the back exam. Except she wrote what I said with no BS.

The ptsd exam, she wrote exactly what I said, Here are the results - anybody have readings close to these and what can I expect.

Axis I: PTSD

Axis II: None

Axis III: see medical notes (seventeen pages)

Axis IV: employment, financial, family, support

AxisV: GLOBAL ASSESSMENT OF PUNCTIONING SCORE 35 TIME FRAME

Comments:

Mr XXXXXXX described major impairment in employment and family including reluctance to work and conflict with family members.

Last part I guess cause I have seen my brothers only a few times since dad died in 89.

I work as I can and have held about 35 differant jobs since the seventies.

Semper Fi

every thing stays the same until it changes.

Kilo 4/12 VIET NAM
11/67-11/68 (TET)
HQ 1/10 LeJune
C 1/10 LeJune
68-69
HQ Marine Security Guard School
Great Lakes Brig - Corrections
11/69 - 3/70
Semper Fi Everything stays the same until it changes

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Got the results for the two exams I had Nov 24th.

Cant make heads nor tails of the back exam. Except she wrote what I said with no BS.

The ptsd exam, she wrote exactly what I said, Here are the results - anybody have readings close to these and what can I expect.

Axis I: PTSD

Axis II: None

Axis III: see medical notes (seventeen pages)

Axis IV: employment, financial, family, support

AxisV: GLOBAL ASSESSMENT OF PUNCTIONING SCORE 35 TIME FRAME

Comments:

Mr XXXXXXX described major impairment in employment and family including reluctance to work and conflict with family members.

Last part I guess cause I have seen my brothers only a few times since dad died in 89.

I work as I can and have held about 35 differant jobs since the seventies.

Semper Fi

every thing stays the same until it changes.

Is this all the examination said. No more?

Betty

Is this all the examination said. No more?

Betty

No Betty

The exam also stated Does the veteran meet the DSM-IV for a diagnosis of PTSD? yes

Decription of primary stressors(s) related to PTSD: combat

Decription of linkage between PTSD symptons and aformentioned changes in imparment, in functional state, and quality of life:

Mr. XXXXXXXX experiance of PTSD, with associated anxiety and depression is considered linked with afore mentioned functional status and quality of life. ( some of the aformentioned status & stuff is private) but disfuntional with family, seperation from family, violent anger, outbursts, fighting with spouse (verbal), putting holes in walls and doors with fists, ( Ihave never hit my wife or kids).

Going off by my self, staying out of crowds, back to the wall when in a group, (I know alot of vets like that), dont trust people, I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

Kilo 4/12 VIET NAM
11/67-11/68 (TET)
HQ 1/10 LeJune
C 1/10 LeJune
68-69
11/69 - 3/70

• HadIt.com Elder

based on what little bit of knowledge I have on PTSD ratings, it appears that this will be a good rating. I am saying that because of the GAF score of 35 and the comments from the dr. Good luck!

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder
No Betty

The exam also stated Does the veteran meet the DSM-IV for a diagnosis of PTSD? yes

Decription of primary stressors(s) related to PTSD: combat

Decription of linkage between PTSD symptons and aformentioned changes in imparment, in functional state, and quality of life:

Mr. XXXXXXXX experiance of PTSD, with associated anxiety and depression is considered linked with afore mentioned functional status and quality of life. ( some of the aformentioned status & stuff is private) but disfuntional with family, seperation from family, violent anger, outbursts, fighting with spouse (verbal), putting holes in walls and doors with fists, ( Ihave never hit my wife or kids).

Going off by my self, staying out of crowds, back to the wall when in a group, (I know alot of vets like that), dont trust people, I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

I think that the doctor did an excellent C&P. They always place into the records, things that you do not say, but if it is not harmful to you, let it stand with the record.

As you said, there is more to the examination.

I think, and as you know, my knowledge is very limited, but with what the good doc said and your GAF, you may possibly be looking at 100%.

More so, if you are not employed.

This is just my opinion and knowing the progression of anxiety with depression and the proven stressors of PTSD.

Always,

Betty

Flatbroke:

Your results look familiar and kinda reads like mind after talking to a Vet Counselor at the Vet center two years ago.. But my Gaf score is 51 or is it 59 I can't remember !! I also had a C&P exam done on Nov 21,07 requested by VARO. I went to the VAMC on Dec 5,07 to get a copy of my C&P exam results but there was no recording of my C&P exam results yet.

1968 nam vet asked you if it was a VA C&P exam? Have a Great day!! :P

Retired US Army E-7

& 70% CRSC

Flatbroke:

Your results look familiar and kinda reads like mind after talking to a Vet Counselor at the Vet center two years ago.. But my Gaf score is 51 or is it 59 I can't remember !! I also had a C&P exam done on Nov 21,07 requested by VARO. I went to the VAMC on Dec 5,07 to get a copy of my C&P exam results but there was no recording of my C&P exam results yet.

1968 nam vet asked you if it was a VA C&P exam? Have a Great day!! :P

yes it was a VA C&P at Truman Hospital in Columbia, MO. The doctor wrote some opions but like I said some things are private. After seeing some reports of 45 or 50 on a GAF what I would like to know is the lower the score the higher the rating or the lower the score the lower the rating. How is it suppose to go???? :blink:

I know there is the right way, the wrong way, and the VA way. And of course the raters in a world of thier own. :huh:

I told my attorney this seemed to be a QUICK turn around and was wondering if the DRO had anything to do with the fast C&P's and the fast answers. He thinks it might be because at the DRO hearing the DRO officer seemed helpful and he was the one who stopped the progress on my PTSD claim and set up the C&Ps.

Thanks to everybody for the help I have got and the information.

Semper Fi

Kilo 4/12 VIET NAM
11/67-11/68 (TET)
HQ 1/10 LeJune
C 1/10 LeJune
68-69
11/69 - 3/70