Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Bash?

Rate this question

Ruffcreek

Question

I have been asking questions and reading topics on Hadit for a few months now. Every now and then I see Dr Bash's name. Probably a dumb question but who is he, where is he and what exactly does he do?

Just curious. Ruffcreek

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have been asking questions and reading topics on Hadit for a few months now. Every now and then I see Dr Bash's name. Probably a dumb question but who is he, where is he and what exactly does he do?

Just curious. Ruffcreek

Ruffcreek

Here is a link to Dr. Bash's web page

Dr. Bash

Happy Trails

Paul

And IF he is able to help you -- has the time and his area of expertise includes your particular disability -- have a WHOLE LOT of spare cash available...he's expensive.

-- John D.

Edited by cloudcroft

Yes, that's true, but "expensive" is relative.

I mean your basic exam and report write-up is lots cheaper than Dr. Bash -- about $300 for a psychiatric IMO (from those doctors who will do IMOs...some won't) -- whereas Dr. Bash is 2-3 thousand $$. But from what I have read on various vet forums, he's very good and knows the VA in and out.

Still, WHATEVER the cost of an IMO, it's money out of your own pocket...it's an "investment" that may return big bucks down the road IF said IMO helps you win your claim. Like any investment, however, it may NOT pay off, but that's the choice a vet has to make: To get an IMO (maybe more than one sometimes) or not.

-- John D.

Expensive...therein lies the problem with IMOs.
Edited by cloudcroft

I have found from assisting other vets a lot of time it is kinda hard to find a good doc for the IMO is he is not your treating doc. The key word here is a good doc.

Then the VA sometimes kinda looks at it through rose colored glasses cause he/she is not your treating doc.

As cloud said Bash is good, knows the VA inside and out and most vets who use him are successful in their claims. He is respect by the VA but boy is the dollars required for his assistance. I personally would have to have a claim that I know is on the mark before I would shell out this many dollars.