Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Here We Go Again, Same Old Varo Diff Day

Rate this question

Arch

Question

:P Been talking with a Suprivisor at the Seattle VARO about the status of my claims.

Now they cant "find" it? Either the NOD or the claim for the related aggravations to the claim The BVA awarded :lol:

I Have copies and receipts of their Certified Mail signed receipts. The one thing you can count on the VA to do is to BS you with their "Boilerplated canned answers". I am convinced that they are really that stupid, all they can do is put off payment causing back payments till the original claim dates. :) I suppose a personal visit is in order, or perhaps I could request a "congressional accompaniment" (yeah really) :D B)

Arch Sgt. USAF

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

your logic makes no sense, Murray is one of this nations best vet advocates, her father was a disbled vet, she grew up in a home with him in a wheelchair. She led the fight to replace the 2 billion this year. A US Senator has nothing to do with state benefits for veterans, she makes federal laws not states, you need to talk to the people in Olympia about those laws. Vote against a person who has shown she votes for vets, look at her record, replace her with someone you don't know and you might end up with another John Thune he says he supports vets then votes against the extra 2 billion VA needed.

Though she may not directly participate in state legislation, her position in the US senate should be more then enough to improve washington's dismall VA benefits. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day, but I made several pleas to her office at the local level (vancouver), state level and national level (in washington).....I didn't even get a response from anyone but the local level and that person was nothing more then a patsy for the VA.

My wife's case is very cut and dry....the VA is clearly breaking regulations in their decision (I mean no doubt about it). If murray's office can't help a vet on such a simple and direct case how is she going to help the majority of veterans who have complicated issues about interpretive medical problems?

P.S. - VA financing is at record levels and it has little to do with murray or the VA commitee in the senate...I haven't seen any of the compassion and caring she claims to have because of her life experience <shrug>.

Little more on murray:

As I said before, murray's office did little more then forward the information I gave them... they did NO investigation of their own and could care less about my wife. At one point, when the RO first tried to reduce my wife from 100% P&T with A&A to 70% TDIU, they used that fact that my wife "was able to communicate with senator murray's office, which shows improvement in her disability" as one of their major pieces of evidence....despite that being a highly illegal thing to use against my wife (we're talking letters here), murray's office did nothing more then forward my complaint and didn't even bother to call me. After 2 weeks I called them and they said, "There's nothing they can do...the VA says they are following the regulations and it is you (me) who does not understand them....the VA has broad discretion". Honestly, if I saw murray I would spit on her and tell her to rot in hell, but I'm sure others have had a better time with her people.

Edited by Jay Johnson

Jay

I understand your frustration, I guess that we have had good results. I would say that part of it is due to the fact that we filed the complaint in person, so we were real people and not just pieces of paper with names on them and we call at least once every 2 weeks and email once a week.

Not to be a pest, but just to remind them who the constuents are!

Jay

I understand your frustration, I guess that we have had good results. I would say that part of it is due to the fact that we filed the complaint in person, so we were real people and not just pieces of paper with names on them and we call at least once every 2 weeks and email once a week.

Not to be a pest, but just to remind them who the constuents are!

Well, with all those people in power it's really about getting the right person to be on your side at the right time. I know I was a little hard on the senator and I don't doubt she has good intentions, but the "this must mean your wife is better" reasoning from the RO really got to me and I truly expected the senator's office to be real upset about it...essentially, the RO was punishing my wife for trying to get help and murray's office should have jumped all over that.

Guest allanopie

Why is it, that nothing seems to change with the way our claims are processed?

It's a shame Patty's office didn't take time to help. It appears her office isn't any different than the rest of them when it comes to assisting vets.

I'm sorry you were put through this.