Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suggestions For How To Video's?

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

i am trying out some demonstration software before i purchase it so please post here what you would like to do here and let me see what i can put together and what we think of it

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

I am checking out Vegas, but have to wait for memory to come in the mail. Should be about 4 or 5 days. I have been running DDR 333 when I should have been running 2100 DDR 266 memory chips.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• Founder
I am checking out Vegas, but have to wait for memory to come in the mail. Should be about 4 or 5 days. I have been running DDR 333 when I should have been running 2100 DDR 266 memory chips.

let me know i am still trying to decide to buy instant-demo or not

Tbird

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Vegas is a good program. There are some thing to take into concideration. I am not trying to sound like a know it all, but I did not see much information here. The bad thing about vegas is that if you are trying to capture video it is a nightmare because the raw avi is so huge that when it comes time to render it into lets say, a compressed avi or divx you might not get it done. The best way to do it (not knowing your plans) is to use a device that can record into .avi or .mpg. That way the only rendering that needs to be done will be on the video itself and whatever effects or extras that you put in. I used to do video portfolios and dvds for models in Barcelona. So since you do so much here on the site, feel free to ask me anything. I would like to be able to offer any help or advice.

• Founder

thanks nek i am thinking about using a program called instant demo located at http://www.instant-demo.com i need to run it on a pc, but it does save in a small format and has lots of other features, i have to figure out a pc to install it on i have a mac and have not found mac software that seems to do as good a job as instant demo. it's a bit pricey, but i think it's worth it, and i could buy a low priced pc notebook to run it on - but got to wait a bit before i purchase. check it out and let me know what you think.

Vegas is a good program. There are some thing to take into concideration. I am not trying to sound like a know it all, but I did not see much information here. The bad thing about vegas is that if you are trying to capture video it is a nightmare because the raw avi is so huge that when it comes time to render it into lets say, a compressed avi or divx you might not get it done. The best way to do it (not knowing your plans) is to use a device that can record into .avi or .mpg. That way the only rendering that needs to be done will be on the video itself and whatever effects or extras that you put in. I used to do video portfolios and dvds for models in Barcelona. So since you do so much here on the site, feel free to ask me anything. I would like to be able to offer any help or advice.

Tbird

The best way to do it (not knowing your plans) is to use a device that can record into .avi or .mpg.

what programs are good for that? What program could I use to change a video from my video camera to .avi or mpg.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

Fro Tbird, the program looks right for you. I think that the price is pretty steep. It is kind of funny that the site knew I logged in from Mexico and put the prices in pesos. There are also programs that let you run windows on mac. It might be cheaper to get the program and do it that way instead of buying the pc, unless that is what you want to do. Depending on how old your mac is, you can install windows right away. The only downside from what I know is that it drags the system down. But if you are only going to make some tutorial videos, it should not be too much of a problem.

Betrayed, most digital cameras record .avi and .mpg. Then all you have to do is take the file from the camera and throw it into vegas an d do what you need to do. Usually you would have to get an av in kind of device. I have one called a dazzle. And it is pretty cool. The only bad thing is, the thing I said earlier. The raw avi comes out to like 4G for 10 min of video. Then the rendering time is really bad. It almost wont do it. I have a pretty nice desktop back in the states, and even with that it was a no go. But with the digital camera .avi it is not a problem. Then again it starts to become a problem the longer that you want to make a video. When I used to do this in Barcelona, what I would do is break the video up into smaller parts, and process them that way. There may be better software out there but I have not found it. Primiere works ok, but you need a Ph.D in computeres to run it, then there are other dvd/video software, but they are not too intuitive. And if they are, they lack what is needed to produce a decent project. So all in all, Sony Vegas is the best thing to use. I hope that helped.