Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fastest Decision I've Heard Of Ce Recieved 12/18 Decision 12/19

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Went to appt, ask if comp rating had been updated (still waiting for them to put in the increase from a year ago) told your 60% ( I was 40%) I saw I was given 10% for pain in L wrist and 10% L foot.

This means I was denied for my Right wrist, both knees, L anlke, SI joints, Right Foot and Ankle. I was also denied IU and depression. I never applied for either. It was stated in my letters that I was depressed and my doctor considered me P&T

Oh I also noted that my rating of 20% was for cervical and lumbar arthritis it has never said lumbar before just cervical.

This is obvious to me they were denying my claim from the get go. I called the 800 number on 12/18/07 and was told they just recieved my CE on 12/17/07 the decision was entered into my records dated 12/19/07

My comp exam was 11/28/07--they never did my SI's at that point so its clear to me they were denying this from the start.

Can anyone beat my record?

No, I don't have the decision yet but I am sure I will get it within the month.

Here is what I think has happen and I need help in deciding how to handle this--Yes, I saw my rep today and he said when you get your papers put in a NOD but that wasn't my question, so hopefully someone can help me here.

I was given SC for cervical arthritis ie degenerative arthritis--- remember my SI' were remanded 20 yrs ago and I didn't do anything.

I have reactive arthritis and I am being treated for reactive arthritis.Now I must connect the dots and I can do this several ways I think.

One is this new DX of hidrandiditis supportva (cyst in groin) I have a current rating of 0% for a scar from this. The scarring is worse of course as it keeps coming back, but I will have to connect those dots that I was misdiagnosised in 75 and this caused my reactive arthritis.

My xrays in the service clearly show that I had SI irregularity indicating AS but could not rule out childbirth trauma it also stated that a dx by history would be necessary to determine.

I never knew I had reactive arthritis until 83 when it showed up on xrays again, this time much worse then before and I was sent to a rheumatologist at that time. I had symptons of the reactive arthritis in the service, such as unknown etiology of cystitis, pink eye (which was really iritis) vision impairment. When I was discharged within 6 mos I was seen frequently in the VA for leg and back pain, carpal tunnel, uveitis, iritis.

I have evidence of food poisioning which causes this type of arthritis.

Do I do a reconsideration pointing out these facts again and saying look guys SI joints would required someone to fallen extremely hard to cause any trauma-this is in the CFR 38 under sacroiliac joints. It was noted my si joints showed some irregularity in 1977 either chidbirth trauma or AS-it was confirmed in 83 by lab work and xray that I am HLA B-27 positive (indicates an auto immune gene) and they only way to get this type of arthritis is by some form of exposure to a bacteria and the fact I am HLA B-27 positive that would confirm the DX of reactive arthritis vs childbirth trauma.

The agent most suspicious at this time would be the cyst in the r groin that was missed dx 30 yrs ago.

Or I can apply for an increase for the scar and the cyst returning, which the VA has records that they saw me for this also.

Or I can apply for a new sc for reactive arthritis (losing all my past due money if I do and win)

Should I apply for aggravation or new injury's to my right wrist, foot, elbow, ankle and shoulder due to me falling and fracturing my elbow due to my arthritis in my foot.

I am stiff in the morning and I can't walk well due to the stiffnes and pain, I woke up one night with IBS problems and had to run to the bathroom--I don't run so I didn't make it to the bathroom, of course I slipped and fell tothe point I fractured my elbow.

No, I didn't get it treated, I was actually really sick with another flare up of my arthritis and IBS I was to sick to leave my house and I was by myself at the time. I just grinned and beared with the pain, it did really hurt. Finally I told my primary that my elbow was waking me up at night and the pain was bad, she got xrays of my elbow. About a week later Ortho calls me and said I had a healed fracture and now there was a chip bone. I could come in for therapy or splints if it doesn't go away I could have surgery.

I chose to get my own splint and live with the pain. I could go that route and try for a new disability that way.

Please inundated me with your opinions.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It has been my experience that VA low balls on first opinion but stay after it and you should get what you want

Ruby,

I would take a deep breath and exhale...wait until I physically have the decision in my hand...read what it says and move from there. Until you know the Reasons And Bases for whatever decision has been rendered, you can't really begin to fight back.

I will pm you with my email addy.

It has been my experience that VA low balls on first opinion but stay after it and you should get what you want

Do I DRO, ? or BVA what avenue do I take.

ruby

Check this out on beating your record !!

I had my C&P examination for increase on Nov 27,07. I picked up my C&P examine results on Dec 13,07 and the examine results were submitted to VARO via electronically. I do not have a rating decision for increase yet. :angry:

ruby

Check this out on beating your record !!

I had my C&P examination for increase on Nov 27,07. I picked up my C&P examine results on Dec 13,07 and the examine results were submitted to VARO via electronically. I do not have a rating decision for increase yet. :angry:

Competition is on who gets the envelop first.

Figured if they gave that rating to me that quick it was a denial before I had my comp exam, I hope yours is better than mine.

• HadIt.com Elder

DRO or BVA not all on Hadit agree but I think a DRO hearing can be helpful cause it is recorded and put on paper. Sort of puts a check on lying if you know what I mean.