VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Filing For Unemployability Slow Down A Ratings Decision?

Rate this question

AB2WK

Question

I am presently getting 40% for degenerative disk disease and I have a claim for secondary conditions that has been in ratings since May. I was told I could file for unemployability but it would further delay the claim already in ratings. Should I wait for a rating decision or file now? Thanks, John

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I would file now. As soon as I was rated 50% for MDD I filed for 100% tdiu. The VA told me I could not receive 100% because I did not meet the requirements. Later I was move from 50% to 70% and granted 100% tdiu. Apply for it and when you receive it there will be back pay. bill

0% Hearing loss, 10% Tinnitus, 70% MDD, 100% TDIU Thanks to the vet (Gaylon) that help me get started, the county officer (Charles) and all the great people on HADIT

I am presently getting 40% for degenerative disk disease and I have a claim for secondary conditions that has been in ratings since May. I was told I could file for unemployability but it would further delay the claim already in ratings. Should I wait for a rating decision or file now? Thanks, John

if i could chime in here,,, John, i get what your saying..have you received your VCAA letter yet for the secondary claim?? i think you may have,,sooooo, if your secondary claim is in ratings it is probably too far along to regress at this point.File for TDIU NOW, like they say..each day you don't you lose the possibility of $$$...i know you were concerned if it would put the brakes on..right? we'll again, i don't think it will, effect your secondary claim being sent back too square one,again..its much to far along I think????May??mmmmmmmm File it !!!!! peace, William n

william

Yep- this will give you the earliest effective date possible for an eventual TDIU award.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.