Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Claim Proof - Hadit.com Members

Rate this question

e.greeley

Question

Hello All,

I am confused about my claim for TDIU. Does my claim meet the criteria for TDIU? (service connected disabilities listed below)

Does the 70% major depressive disorder, my VA treatment records and about 2 years of work out of 10 years prove my inability to secure a gainful occupation? Can I use this same evidence to get social security? I have read so much about both subjects but my anxiety just goes up and I lose focus.

Does anyone have advice?

Can I reach my service officer by email? would this be considered too intrusive? :unsure: I hate the phone ringing (jump out of my skin) and driving down there seems very difficult if not insurmountable. I am taking my Prozac, (prescribed by the VAMC) but I am not doing well.

Thanks for your help.

Service Connected Disabilities

70% Major Depressive Disorder, 60% Psoriasis, 20% Abnormal/Arthritic Talonavicular Joint (left foot)

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The 70% should have triggered VA to consider TDIU when you got that-unless you were working-

have you formally applied for TDIU yourself?

Your profile says you are 100%-

the VA doesn't award TDIU on top of that.

If a medical doctor states that your SC disabilities prevent you from attaining and retaining substantial employment- that will help get TDIU-

what is the 100% for? an independent disability-separate from what you claim caused you to be TDIU? I am confused here.

I am sure your rep would give you his/her email addy-

but that doesnt mean they will get to reading it right away.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

gee- I read the bottom of your signature- and couldn't edit-if the MDD gets up to 100% then the 60% psoriasis should kick in the SMC S award.

Do you need special creams to medicate the psoriasas? creams or lotions that could wear out your clothes?If so you should be eligible for the clothing allowance.

gee- I read the bottom of your signature- and couldn't edit-if the MDD gets up to 100% then the 60% psoriasis should kick in the SMC S award.

Do you need special creams to medicate the psoriasas? creams or lotions that could wear out your clothes?If so you should be eligible for the clothing allowance.

Hi Berta,

I have a question for you but it's slightly off-topic.

Where you said; "... creams or lotions that could wear out your clothes? If so you should be eligible for the clothing allowance."

My question is this; Do you know if the clothing allowance would apply to footwear? I have custom orthotics made by the VA in Togus, and they tear the heck out of the insides of my shoes. They are some pretty heavy duty orthotics. I have to wear them in hiking boots because they are too big for regular shoes. Does that sound like the clothing allowance would apply? Do you know where I can read more about it or how to request it?

Thanks,

--Jim

BM - it should qualify. anything needed by you in the orthotics arena or as Berta stated, creams or lotions for a skin disability normally applies. You have to write up an claim just as you would for a disability claim, Then submit it to your supporting VAMC's orthopedic department. Call them and they will tell you the name of the rep that handles claims for the clothing allowance. I forget at this moment what part of CFR 38 discusses the clothing allowance but just do a quick scan of CFR 38 and you will find it. Good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

It should but than you know the VA and its really up to the whim of a person who sits deep in the bowels of the VAMC and not at the VARO.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

The clothing allowance should apply to any damage that orthopedics do to your clothing.

"An annual clothing allowance as specified in 38 U.S.C.A. §

1162 is payable when the Chief Medical Director or designee

certifies that because of a service-connected disability a

prosthetic or orthopedic appliance is worn or used which

tends to wear or tear the veteran's clothing, or that because

of use of a physician prescribed medication for a skin

condition which is due to a service-connected disability

produces irreparable damage to the veteran's outer garments.

38 C.F.R. § 3.810(a)(2)."

Here is the form:

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-8678-fill.pdf

I think you can apply on this form right through the VA web -or just [rint this off, fill out ,sign, copy and mail---

does he mail this to the Chief Med Director of his VAMC or to the VARO? Anyone know?

Edited by Berta