Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Access Qualification:

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Sorry I won't be here to read your replies. Headed out to get re-approved by the Local agency that qualifies people as handicapped and have access to the Handicap Transit Bus System here and through out the U.S. since it follows Federal Guidlines for Handicap Access.

It's a bummer in the winter, their is about a foot of standing snow and I nearly passed out trying to dig out, took me two days just to dig from my front door to the road so the Access Bus can pick me up for my appointment.

Here's to wishing me luck, electric wheel chair and all.

Rockhound.

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Well, I'm good for another year of being carried around by a handicap access bus and city bus. The exam, it wasn't much of anything, they asked if their was any changes that would make it easier or harder for me to use these forms of transportation and that's about all. Seems like they could have asked me over the phone, but I guess they had to see me in my chair and with my oxygen on standby. misserable day, freezing fog, wind, snow, and rain, all in the same day. Oh Boy! :rolleyes:

Rockhound

get you, really are?

• HadIt.com Elder

What the heck is "freezing fog"?

Seriously. My wife and I were listening to The Weather Channel on the TV just a couple weeks ago and the dude said something about freezing fog and we both looked at each other with this "Huh?" look.

I'm 62 y.o. and I've never heard of such a thing.

But, then, we live where we don't have to worry too much about such stuff.

And, no, I'm NOT gonna suggest that you move down here.

We've got too many Yankees already.................... :rolleyes:

Stay there, enjoy your "freezing fog" or whatever.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Thems fight-n words, calling me a dam Yankee. I was born in the great republic of Texas. Call me a Yankee will ya. LoL Freezing Fog is basically when the theirs a difference in ground and air temperature that creats the fog, then the air temperature drops below freezing, causing the moisture in the fog to freeze. you either end up with tiny little clusters of snow like flakes, and mean real tiny, or you get hard as rocks little rain drop shaped hail. Just depends on how much moisture. the more moisture the bigger and harder the snow like clusters.

If the housing market hadn't of taken a dive, I would already have gone south, but I'm stuck hear for now, so I got to make the best of it.

Rockhound

get you, really are?