VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Next Step?

Rate this question

e.greeley

Question

hello all,

i need help. i think i have an excellent claim for TDIU. My stats should be on my profile and signature. :rolleyes:

i wanted to send what i had to my service officer for the DAV at the Detroit VAMC. I have been unable to reach him.

no answer and no way to leave a message.

the Detroit Regional Office is just a few blocks from the the VA hospital downtown. how do i start the process to claim TDIU?

should i take all info to the RO in Detroit? (btw, the woman who answered at the detroit varo seemed rude, abrupt and a little condescending)

i will drive down there if necessary, i know sometimes it is helpful for a face to face. i just don't want to cause problems for myself either.

sigh...

i would appreciate any and all advise on this.

thank you

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry 'bout your VSO, ya want me to give 'em a talk? Ok, enough joking. Meanwhile, do you have your current Cfile and current diagnosis? A diagnosis statement that states you are unable to work? Any SSA or other records showing unemployment? If you are in dire straights, I believe there is a way the VA should be able to expedite your claim, dont recall just now.

Regards the VA telephone contact, you may never meet that person, but if you do, shared courtesies count as in any office, VA or SSA. Probably best not take anything personal, as long as you can get the facts you need, eh? Each VA is a bit different but all in all there for the veterans I hope so seasoned Vets should be coming and going quite often during business hours. So, why not try to find a freindly vet face if you can, in passing as you go in the building. First intuitions are important, arent they? Have you considered calling another VSO of the same agency in a nearbye community? Not near Detroit, so I dont know. Best to ya, cg

hello all,

i need help. i think i have an excellent claim for TDIU. My stats should be on my profile and signature. :rolleyes:

i wanted to send what i had to my service officer for the DAV at the Detroit VAMC. I have been unable to reach him.

no answer and no way to leave a message.

the Detroit Regional Office is just a few blocks from the the VA hospital downtown. how do i start the process to claim TDIU?

should i take all info to the RO in Detroit? (btw, the woman who answered at the detroit varo seemed rude, abrupt and a little condescending)

i will drive down there if necessary, i know sometimes it is helpful for a face to face. i just don't want to cause problems for myself either.

sigh...

i would appreciate any and all advise on this.

thank you

hey cowgirl, you said,

:P Sorry 'bout your VSO, ya want me to give 'em a talk? Ok, enough joking. :P I'll watch the door while you "talk" to them! LOL

Meanwhile, do you have your current Cfile and current diagnosis?

I do not have my current CFile, I assumed my VSO had a copy because he had me sign the request for my records when he became my POA for my increase. How long does a POA last?

A diagnosis statement that states you are unable to work? Any SSA or other records showing unemployment?

I have requested my social security records, and should receive them any day now. they will reflect the fact i have worked only one year in the past five years. My decision letter from the VA only states in reference to work that "occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking or mood.......difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances...and inability to establish and maintain effective relationships"

If you are in dire straights, I believe there is a way the VA should be able to expedite your claim, dont recall just now.

This would be fantastic!

shared courtesies count as in any office, VA or SSA. Probably best not take anything personal, as long as you can get the facts you need, eh? Oh, i do understand you. I am very depressed right now, so a little paranoia is part of it. Usually, once I get there, I can charm people. :rolleyes:

I guess I didnt want to walk in the VARO with my claim and have someone say "why are you here? go back to your VSO!"

seasoned Vets should be coming and going quite often during business hours. So, why not try to find a freindly vet face if you can,

This is a good idea! of course, since it is downtown detroit, i guess i should be flying a flag of some kind to identify myself as a vet and not a streetwalker? :lol: (this is hilarious to me, i don't think anyone could mistake me for a pro!) If they did, it would be because they needed immediate mental evaluation!!

Does every DAV post have a service officer? there are other posts around here because it is a big urban/suburban area. I will check it out.

thank you cowgirl for your ideas.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not working due to the SC disability just file out the TDIU form and turn it into the VA. That really starts the formal process and they have to adjudicate it. If you are 90% and unable to work it should not be all that hard to win TDIU.

Thank you john999,

you said,

"If you are not working due to the SC disability just file out the TDIU form and turn it into the VA. That really starts the formal process and they have to adjudicate it. If you are 90% and unable to work it should not be all that hard to win TDIU."

I just talked to my VA FSO, I will go down there next week and cool my heels outside his office for awhile. I have an appointment for Monday am to "see" (over the television) my mental health doctor about my mdd. my primary care physician is scheduling a mammogram, eye appointment and dermatology.

when i fill out the form, do i just choose the MDD as the service connected disability that prevents me from securing substantially gainful employment? my fso just said that my last employer must put my mental illness as the reason i was fired? well, no need to borrow trouble, i think my last employer/manager will help me if she can. :rolleyes: i will get in touch with her by end of business tomorrow.

my fso just said that my last employer must put my mental illness as the reason i was fired?

I have the VA form 21-4192 (Request for Employment Information in Connection with Claim for Disability Payments) and in box 13A. it says

"If veteran is not working, state reason for termination of employment. If retired on disability, please specify."

should my ex-employer put symptons of MDD? unreliable, inablity to focus or complete tasks?

i mean, i don't think my manager would say "in my professional opinion, (as a leasing manager for apartment complex) she was fired because she could not keep up due to her mental illness" :rolleyes:

any ideas for helpful phrases would be greatly appreciated.

• HadIt.com Elder

E.Greely, Good for you! seems like you are progressing! cg

Thank you john999,

you said,

"If you are not working due to the SC disability just file out the TDIU form and turn it into the VA. That really starts the formal process and they have to adjudicate it. If you are 90% and unable to work it should not be all that hard to win TDIU."

I just talked to my VA FSO, I will go down there next week and cool my heels outside his office for awhile. I have an appointment for Monday am to "see" (over the television) my mental health doctor about my mdd. my primary care physician is scheduling a mammogram, eye appointment and dermatology.

when i fill out the form, do i just choose the MDD as the service connected disability that prevents me from securing substantially gainful employment? my fso just said that my last employer must put my mental illness as the reason i was fired? well, no need to borrow trouble, i think my last employer/manager will help me if she can. :rolleyes: i will get in touch with her by end of business tomorrow.