Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va M21 Manual Circa 1973-1974

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I am looking for a past issue of the VA Claims Manual M21, for the years 1973-1974 Need to site some information for a possible CUE claim. Just need it for my research and to put a copy of certain parts into my computer.

Rockhound :blink:

Edited by Rockhound

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Wings: Thanks for the information and don't take this personal. I hate search engines, no matter how I word the search criteria, nothing like what I am looking for comes up and spending hours upon hours looking through each and every page that does come up, is not my fun, in fact it is literally quite painfull on the posterier and doesn't do my eyes any good either.

I can't even find specific cases at the COVA or president opinions at the OGC sights.

When I do find something, the files are incripted with some obscure file name or number that won't open on any thing I have in my computor for that purpose.

The latest was looking for the case of Demrel V. Brown, found a file, but can't open it.

Rockhound B)

In vetspeak ... you will NOT find VA Adjudication Manuals on-line for 1972-73. If you want a hard copy, you will need to contact the Library of Congress or NARA. Here's a URL to email the Law Librarian http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-law2.html. Ask them how to retrieve 'VA Adjudication Manuals and Procedures' in effect during the 92nd and 93rd Congress.

Like I said, if you search Title 38 you can read the Notes section that will tell you which public laws authorized veterans benefits, by date.

Like I said, FYI, VA's M21-1 was in effect in 72-73. It's just not on-line.

I know it's painful to search for something so elusive ... WIngs

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Law Librarians

Cornell Law Library

http://library.lawschool.cornell.edu/WhatWeDo/

Legal research services to Cornell faculty, students, alumni, and visitors. We are available online, in person, and via the phone to help our users navigate the resources available at the Law Library, Cornell University Library, and via the internet.

Email lawlib@cornell.edu

Phone (607)255-9577

Thanks Wings: I would have had no idea how to search out this old of a VA manual. We have a State Law library, but it means traveling about 50 miles to get to it. Just to give you and idea the trouble it would be for me to do this.

1. Schedule ride with Access Van to take me into town.

2. Catch the commuter local transit bus from one city to another

3. Depending where it drops me off in the other city closest to library, drive my electric wheel chair their or

4. catch a local bus to location or as close as I can get.

5. Repeat in reverse to get back home. about $15.00 for round trip and then at least one meal to keep my blood suger up.

Sent an inquiry though, how it bear fruit. Will be checking the University Library on Monday to see if the have the USCodes. The University Library is a Federal depository so it probably has them. I know for a fact that they had the CFR's on micro fiche.

You have been a great help.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks Wings: I would have had no idea how to search out this old of a VA manual. We have a State Law library, but it means traveling about 50 miles to get to it. Just to give you and idea the trouble it would be for me to do this.

1. Schedule ride with Access Van to take me into town.

2. Catch the commuter local transit bus from one city to another

3. Depending where it drops me off in the other city closest to library, drive my electric wheel chair their or

4. catch a local bus to location or as close as I can get.

5. Repeat in reverse to get back home. about $15.00 for round trip and then at least one meal to keep my blood suger up.

Sent an inquiry though, how it bear fruit.

Will be checking the University Library on Monday to see if the have the USCodes. The University Library is a Federal depository so it probably has them. I know for a fact that they had the CFR's on micro fiche.

You have been a great help.

Rockhound :lol:

Rockhound, If I knew which Issues (medical and legal) you were bolstering by way of rules, regulations and procedures, I might be able to further assist.

VA Regulations are 'administrative procedures' which follow on the heels of 'Final Rules' published in the Federal Register. Any substantive changes to VA Regulations are codified by Tile 38 CFR - and are reported in the Federal Register.

Look at the History of VA Law like this; in order of Authority:

Grandfather - United States Code

Father - Code of Federal Regulations

Son - VA regulations and proper procedure

~Wings

Wing: Hope it's been a good morning.

I am still considering a CUE claim, so every procedure, statute, regulation, and Law that I quote must be one that was extent at the time of the CUE, thus why I am looking for everything I can for the year 1973 thru 1974.

I have the C.F.R.'s for 1974 and I am almost certain I will be able to get the U.S.C.'s from the University where I got the C.F.R.'s. But I doubt that they will have the VA M21 manual on procedures. I just want show a continuity from procedure to Law so I can show how they violated own procedure, codified by C.F.R.'s and U.S.C.'s

Your help and from others is always appreciated. Thank you

• HadIt.com Elder
Wing: Hope it's been a good morning.

I am still considering a CUE claim, so every procedure, statute, regulation, and Law that I quote must be one that was extent at the time of the CUE, thus why I am looking for everything I can for the year 1973 thru 1974.

I have the C.F.R.'s for 1974 and I am almost certain I will be able to get the U.S.C.'s from the University where I got the C.F.R.'s. But I doubt that they will have the VA M21 manual on procedures. I just want show a continuity from procedure to Law so I can show how they violated own procedure, codified by C.F.R.'s and U.S.C.'s

Your help and from others is always appreciated. Thank you

Rockhound B)

You're very welcome, glad to help in any way I can. I'll be curious to know if you are helped by any of the Law Librarians. Let us know! Keep posting! ~Wings