Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file Request

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Is this too much in requesting my C file?

1. Any and All information in possession of this Organization that pertains to me.

2. Including but not limited to all C-files from inception to date.

3. Provide all notes, memorandams, emails and compture records and any and all documents in the VA's possession.

4. Provide any and all documents in the VA's possession that was used to make a determination on any and all claims made by me

me= my name and ss#

Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

They dont have any Voc Rehab records or any of your medical records in the c file unless you submitted these yourself-in support of your claim.

Medical records come from the VAMC that treats you by request.

Sometimes the psychiatric records are separate from the regular med recs and have to be requested from the shrink.

I never saw my husband's c file- dont even know if they still have it- they started a new c file when he died and when I re-opened his 2 claims.

It does contain his original Sec 1151 claim that he filed before he died.

And a few med rec copies I sent to support my claims.

Lots of other stuff though- even all the stuff they said they lost or I never sent to them.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Okay, I am confused, I thought they got a copy of my VA medical records to see if there is documentation to support or deny my claims.

I know when I first filed in the 80's they went through all my VA medical records and SMR's they used those in thier decision.

Thats why I said any and all from inception---

Am I not understanding whats in a C file is there more information on me in some other file that I need to request?

I am in the process of writing a NOD--here is what they said they used to make a decision in my case.

rating decision dated xxx 2007 and the evidence therein

our letter, dated Jxxxxx, 2007, sent to you explaining VA's duty to assist and what information and evidence is needed to establish entitlement to benefits claimed

your statement, dated xxxx 2007 with copies of your service treatment records and progress notes from xxxx VA

strs from the period xxxxx, 1975 to xxxx 1978

va exam dated xxxx conducted through xxxx VA

xxxx VAMC treatment records date Feb 10 through Nov 19.

reason for decision:

arthritis is given a 10% based on pain and since thier is a likelyhood of improvement this assigned value is not permanent. If they have a cure for arthritis I think I should know about it and my doctors so they can help others.

Denied:

Service connection for arthritis of other areas is denied since this condition neither occurred in nor was caused by service.

as the medical evidence fails to show a diagnosis of arthritis is the other areas within the time period specified under 38 CFR 3.307 service connection on a presumptive basis must be denied.

WE REQUESTED A MEDICAL OPINION TO DETERMINE IF THESE CLAIMED CONDITIONS WERE SECONDARY TO YOUR SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITY OF ARTHRITIS, CERVICIAL SPINE.

VA examiner opines your current other issues are not secondary to service connected, nor are these secondary to the other issues.

Xrays of the feet dated March 2006 was normal and the hands on March 2006 were normal.---They may have been normal then (21 months ago) but they can't be now, I have 3 fingers and both thumbs that are sausage in appearance and I have to have injected to move my thumb or use my right hand, now I have to have the left injected since I am using it as my dominant to rest my right. I can't raise my arm above my shoulder due to the pain in my shoulder since I am using other parts of my right arm so I can rest my hand.

Va exaimer states your major pains and disability is related to SI and lumbar spine. Service treatment records do not provide evidence of incurrence in service of these claimed conditions. I sent them the xray reports that says SI abnormal ie child birth or AS further determination needed-I was never informed of this in the service and I sent them copies of my VA records that show I C/O back and leg pain within the first year..

Consideration of reasonable doubt was given and there is no approximate balance of positive and negative evidence to give rise to substantial doubt which can be resolved in your favor. the doesn't apply beause of the preponderance of evidence is unfavorable.

Based on the evidence of record, there is no compelling medical testimony or substantiated opinion that these claimed conditions were incurred in service or aggravated by a service connected condition, nor can service connection be established as presumptive conditions.

Is this a normal denial?

Then they denied the depression as secondary to the service connected disability of arthritis

Then they also deny IU it says that one disability at 60 percent or two or more one of which is 40 persent with a combined of 70 which I don't have.

What am I looking for in a C file?

Whats the "lots of other stuff"

Thanks

Ruby,

A c-file is the file that the regional office has on you. Mine had everything from day one in bootcamp until the day I requested a copy of it. You can only get 1 free copy however you can request copies of later information on subsequent claims and that will be free also. The VA will charge you so much a page if you lose the free one and ask for another one. All you have to do it write a request and sign it and send it to your regional office and with in 30 days you will have a copy of your c-file. I would not request a copy if your claim has been appealed since the request will slow down the appeal process even further. DJ 8

• HadIt.com Elder

Voc Rehab keeps their own files its really that simple. Same that some of us here have a file with VAMC Administration. The Dental Department keeps their own files also. I think that there are at least 5 files they keep separately but I can name the 5th one.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.