Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

Well gotta leave about 3:30 in the morning for an 8 AM C&P. Same three disabilities that have been on appeal for three years. This will be the third C&P of those same three disabilities. The last two mirrored and fully supported my civilian neurologist and ortho doc findings.

Guess they are simply going to make me go through all 52 VA docs in the deck!!!!! :) Speak at you guys tommorow night.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Back and still alive. Thanks for the words of encouragement. The exam was for hypertension, residuals of stroke and lower back pain. I think that I will probably be going back again cause no matter what the outcome I will continue my appeal.

Hypertension - after check in they began their required three readings. The first one was 220/131. At this point they stated that they would not continue the exam until I went to the ER to receive meds to radically bring down my BP. I refused to do so until they took the other two readings this time. I learned my lesson after my last exam for increased rating of hypertension. I requested the increase from 10 percent to 40 percent because of my uncontrollable hypertension which has existed since 2000. However, during the last C&P exam the first reading was 228/135. They did this ER thing that time and I complied. The ER gave me a liquid which in about 30 mins brought my BP down to 150/68. They released me told me to finish the exam and go directly to my doc back home. Back at the C&P clinic they took three readings 145/71, 150/69 and 155/59. When the rating came in there was no mention of the first original reading which required the ER treatment. They listed the last three readings and said claim denied as BP readings during the exam provided that my BP was under control and normal. Man when they tried this time to do the same thing I thought I was going to have to tackle the old other half to keep her off the young ladys neck hahahaaha. After a two hour wait they took the other two readings and they were 200/126 and 201/133. This was followed by a multitude of questions about when my hypertension was diagnosed and why I refused treatment. No telling what will be in her report.

Stroke residuals. After providing nearly 4 years of treatment records, letters and opinions from my treating Neuro, who has 32 years of experience and is the head of neurology at the Brimingham hospital and medical school stating complete loss of use of left arm, hand, leg and foot requiring use of AFO, brace, frozen hand syndrome with no holding or grasping actions left the doc stuck a pin in my foot. Now due to the residuals that I have, Dejerine-Roussy Syndrome, I have a very, very hypersensitive reaction to normal stimui especially normal pain. So the pin stick sent me screaming up the wall while trying to grab the doc around the neck. She replied it appears that your nerves react well to pin prick. No crap little one. No questions or test about balance, walking, standing stairs, grasping or holding items. None just the ole your nerves appear to react well to pin prick. It will be very interesting to see her write up on the issue of loss of use. It should be quite a show down, old wise man with 32 years experience in the field of neurology with a 4 year treatment history with patient verus young lady Gen Practice doc who appeared to be barely 26 years old and a 6 min exam history with patient. Yes quite interesting :)

Lower back pain - last C&P exam doc stated forward flex limited to 45 degrees with pain present at 30. This exam center on when did back pain start; does the cane and brace cause you problems when you bend hmmmmmmm (doc thinking) hmmmmmmmm guess that is about it. I need to get some blood work and xrays.

Lab work was to test for control of DMII and Xray was of chest. Don't know where that came from. Guess thats why I am not a doc hahahahaha.

Hey guys I ain't complaining. It was just another funny episode in the soap opera "Stories of the VA Syndrome". I mean why complain? How else but to drive 8 hours round trip, spend 45 bucks on gas, get reimbursed enough to buy me and the best half a Mickey D was we ever gonna get a little alone time away from the grand kids?

Hey I am open to recommendations from all if you can come up with a better way for us to get some time together away from reality. I guess it was away from reality. Hmmmmmmmmm who knows maybe the VA is reality. Ever get the feeling that you have died and been sent to hell and hell is actually the VA? hahahahahahahahahahahahha Man I really need some more meds!!!!!

Nah, all kidding aside, just glad to be back pecking away with my ole good hand, smoking and joking with my friends on Hadit! There is no other way to spend your evening.