Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wording Of Ime/imo?

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I will be providing my VA Psychiatrist with my Medical records used in my claims effert to SC my psychiatric problems I had in service to those I have now and to refute the PD/personality disorder they said was an alterhative diagnosis and used to deny my claim.

What should be in their report or how should it read, so that not only does it say or show that my psychiatric problems today are a continuation of my in service psychaitric problems and to further refute the PD diagnosis?

Even though my Psychiatrist has told me I do not have a PD, I would be just as happy for her to say that the PD was a seperate identity from the psychistric problems or as a result of the psychiatric problems. As long as their report refutes the assumption that it was an alternate diagnosis some how.

Back then, they had the DSM II and now they have the DSM IV which could list the PD as a secondary issue or Axis II and the Psychiatric problems as the primary or Axis I

I need New and Material Evidence to reopen my claim otherwise the VA will continue to use any evidence of a Psychiatric problems as not new or material to the PD.

I Know and understand the terms "As likely as not" and "More likely than not" But I have to Refute the PD as an alternate diagnosis or I'll never have a chance without somehow finding an answer to my CUE claim or even such an outside chance filing for Equitable Relief.

Any one have examples of a IMO.IME that refutes a VA examiners opinion?

Rockhound <_<

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

"Even though my Psychiatrist has told me I do not have a PD, I would be just as happy for her to say that the PD was a seperate identity from the psychistric problems or as a result of the psychiatric problems"

I would be happy if she does not even go there at all- and refute the PD totally with reference to your medical evidence that supports another diagnosis.

If she said NO PD at all- it should be left at that-with her full medical rationale-as to the other diagnosis.

Have you accessed my post under the search feature as to "Getting an IMO"?

"Any one have examples of a IMO.IME that refutes a VA examiners opinion"

Yes my second IMO from Dr, BAsh totally knocked down the VA examiner-

He stated immediately that her statements in the SSOC were "medically inaccurate"

and gave about 6-7 reasons why-

and then also referred to his prior IMO and said she did not have the benefit of his prior IMO (which my vet rep said she would have)

and gave fully medical rationale for each statement he made.

It was wonderful-

He also raised this issue that I discussed with him and have documentation from the VA itself to prove-

the VA examiner used only 3 or 4 med recs faxed to her from my husband's 5 volume stack- I can prove where his entire records were- here in Stenben COunty NY at the Bath VA while she opined in the Buffalo VA- many hours away-

in my rebuttal in addition to this IMO I also raised significant medical points in the inaccuracies of her opinion-supported them by medical documentation from his med recs- and reminded the VA they have to consider my lay statements- as after all- as a layperson I proved the VA killed him in 1997.

A IMO doctor needs to rebutt each and every medically incorrect or unsupported statement that a VA doctor says.

Also they can reference treatises and other known standard medical principles etc within the medical community-

Dr. Bash used 2 or 3 references from medical texts such as Braunwald-and Harrison's Principles of Medicine - the cream of the crop- and much too expensive for veterans and advocates to purchase-

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you read the IME I posted on line by Dr. B. Crowley?

I thought his was excellent as he went after the PD for a discharge and changed it to what the medical information stated and as to why.

Betty

Thanks Josephine: Will add it to my stack of records to help my Psychiatrist write her diagnostic opinion. I will be adding the C&P check list as well.

Snowed here, so I may have to wait for better weather before goin into town. Will have to give the sidewalks time to be cleared of snow.

I hate winter, I become almost like a shut in a good portion of the time.

Rockhound

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks Josephine: Will add it to my stack of records to help my Psychiatrist write her diagnostic opinion. I will be adding the C&P check list as well.

Snowed here, so I may have to wait for better weather before goin into town. Will have to give the sidewalks time to be cleared of snow.

I hate winter, I become almost like a shut in a good portion of the time.

Rockhound

Rockhound,

I believe Dr. Crowley's IME would be an excellent guideline as you were pegged with that old Personality Disorder just as I was when in fact both of us had a mental illness due to service and it is clearly in our service medical records. Feel free to print it and show it to your doctor. I am like you, I hate this Winter weather also.

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine