Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Just Discovered A Form To Use To Get A Medical Opinion

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ya'll may know about this form, but I didn't. It's a form that you give your VA health care provider for them to fill out in support of your claim.

I had to scan it, so it might not come out very clear.post-1306-1200948949_thumb.jpg

• Answers 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi there, vth, welcome to the world of VA intrigue.

I've never heard that they couldn't give opinions....but then, I've never gotten one from them, either, nor have I read what you refer to.

But, after all, they are always giving opinions to the VA....and seeing as how the VA system is non-adverserial :o then I don't see why they couldn't render an opinion for us, the "V" in the VA.

but, then, obviously, WTF do I know............I'm just one of the thundering herd.

• HadIt.com Elder

I requested and got 2 VA diagnosis statements, didnt use a form, just my own request letters. Got fair VA care these past 4 years, sure needed the benefits for the last decade though.

Edited by cowgirl

Related to

Possibly related to

More likely than not related to

I was concerned about the middle one. Possibly related to does not rise to the level of more likely than not. It just means it might be related - but there is a chance that it is not related. It doesn't give a point of reference for what that chance is.

To have a doctor say something is possibly related to the service is better than them saying it is not related to the service. But it only says it is a possibility; not at least as likely as not.

Free

Wow thats a good form, but I wonder about the statements FreeSpirit referred to. Basically, dont any of these 3 statements 'connect' 'nexus' the conditions in question?

Can someone explain what freespirit is saying a bit differently? I am interested in getting it right the first time if at all possible, thanks so very much Freespirit and all who discussed this form! Best to y'all, cg

• HadIt.com Elder

Free, you are correct.

But, as Berta or someone has pointed out, this was originally intended as an "inter-office memo" or something quite a bit like one. So, being that this a VA generated form, they certainly do not wish that the examiner be given only choices that are GOOD for the Vet, but, also choices that would give the VA "wiggle room".

So, no, you do not want them to check the middle choice.

It is also kind of misleading that they put that choice in the middle, rather than list them in order of "level of confidence." Kind of looks tricky. But is probably just one of those "sloppy" things they put out there, like calling chart reviews exams - knowing it CAN work to the deteriment of the vet - but not bothering to be clear.

Free

Free, you are correct.

But, as Berta or someone has pointed out, this was originally intended as an "inter-office memo" or something quite a bit like one. So, being that this a VA generated form, they certainly do not wish that the examiner be given only choices that are GOOD for the Vet, but, also choices that would give the VA "wiggle room".

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks to all who responded, its clearer to my brain now. I'll use the form as my 'guide' to help with IMOs as needed. cg

Free, you are correct.