Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc Management C&p

Rate this question

fogcloud

Question

I just received a letter and quesionnaire from QTC Management telling me to report on Jan 28th for a hearing loss C&P. I have some questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. Does anyone have any experience or exposure to QTC Management as a contractor for VA C&P exams?

2. On the front page of the questionnaire, it has all of my pertinent info such as name, claim number, claim type and Med Records etc. Under Med Records it says NO. I had a civilian MD whose specialty is ENT examine and consult with me in May, 2007. It was his diagnosis that I had sensorineural hearing loss of combined types (389.18). He said I need hearing aids and he wrote a letter stating that my "hearing loss is as likely as not from military noise exposure". I immediately sent his letter and the audiogram (which was not the MARYLAND or whatever the VA requires as the only test that means anything) to my VARO via certified Mail. VARO acknowledged receipt. Am I wrong to think that the examiner must have my smr's or C-File available at the time of the examination and also is required to read it before the examination?

3. If the examiner does not have these records and has not read my C-file, do I have any chance of filing a CUE if things do not go my way?

Thanks, fog

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks so much to all who responded, especially the advice of John999. I will take my civilian test results and letter to the QTC guy. .Here is where my anxiety pops-up:

In the letter from QTC, they list questions with answers. For example:

Question: Should I Bring My Medical Records?

Answer: “No. Please do not bring your medical records. The doctor will only review records the VA has already provided. If you have additional records related to your claim, please submit them directly to the VA.”

Also, after doing a search at hadit.com about claim files being present during the exam, I have seen various answers. Most say that the c-file should be present and must have been read. No c-file was provided to QTC. Even in the book “The Veterans Survival Guide” by John D. Rhode he says “Failure to review your file is a violation of not only of Physician’s Guide but also of federal law” Is this not correct?

My last C+P for my back at QTC was directed after a DRO hearing. I asked the Dr if he had my VA medical file to include my xrays and Mri he stated he did not

Guess why I got low balled for 10 percent for my back

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder
Also, after doing a search at hadit.com about claim files being present during the exam, I have seen various answers. Most say that the c-file should be present and must have been read. No c-file was provided to QTC. Even in the book "The Veterans Survival Guide" by John D. Rhode he says "Failure to review your file is a violation of not only of Physician's Guide but also of federal law" Is this not correct?

I know it states in the C&P Clinicians Guide that the C-file should be reviewed, but that manual is not law, and I haven't seen a reg or law yet that states the C-file must be present or reviewed. I have even had long time VA (not contract) C&P examiners tell me that it isn't required, and the only time that the examiner has it is when the VARO requests it. The purpose of a C&P is to get a clinical picture of the veteran's disability status at that exact moment in time, not to make a diagnosis for treatment. And that's how the vet gets screwed nearly every time.

90%, TDIU P&T