Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Decision 86

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Is there a way to check on a BVA decision from 86.

I had a claim in 86 that was mostly denied for increase, I never followed through on it, and went my merry way away from the VA.

I just found a letter dated 4/30/86

Your file has been temproarily transferred to the BVA in Washingtion, D.C.

If you will want a hearing, we will recall your file from the BVA's which will result in delay of consideration by them.

Plese advise this office immediately if you still wish a hearing.

I am starting to understand now, I did get the BVA results and the back was remanded, and I didn't do anything. I didn't understand what I was suppose to do-long story.

Does this mean if I take action now on this remand I get back pay from 1986

A remand means no action was taken, you need to do something to continue the claim is that correct.

Can someone explain what happens to a case if it was remanded for further evidence before any action would be taken.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"Can someone explain what happens to a case if it was remanded for further evidence before any action would be taken."

That remand was a long time ago- the VARO should have addressed the remand by now-

Remands often contain things they want the veteran to obtain as evidence -as well as instructions to the VARO itself-if the vet doesnt send the evidence in-it will be denied again.

also in those days a vet had to present a "well grounded claim" and sometimes the BVA remanded claims denied as not well grounded when in fact they were-

You can contact the BVA at their web site and see what happened to this remand- you should have gotten a decision on this a long time ago.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder
Is there a way to check on a BVA decision from 86.

I had a claim in 86 that was mostly denied for increase, I never followed through on it, and went my merry way away from the VA.

I just found a letter dated 4/30/86

Your file has been temproarily transferred to the BVA in Washingtion, D.C.

If you will want a hearing, we will recall your file from the BVA's which will result in delay of consideration by them.

Plese advise this office immediately if you still wish a hearing.

I am starting to understand now, I did get the BVA results and the back was remanded, and I didn't do anything. I didn't understand what I was suppose to do-long story.

Ruby,

To my knowledge, your file was remanded at that time, back to the R. O. If you never heard from the R.O on the remand, I would certainly take action and start investigating.

Does this mean if I take action now on this remand I get back pay from 1986

A remand means no action was taken, you need to do something to continue the claim is that correct.

To me and in my case, the the BVA remanded my claim to the AMC for more information in order to settle the claim.

Can someone explain what happens to a case if it was remanded for further evidence before any action would be taken.

Ruby, now the Appeals Management Center takes care of all remanded claims, but in 1986, the BVA sent the claims file with the needed information to your local R. O.

Did you ever hear anything from the R. O on the claim remanded to them?

If not, the claim should still be open.

I am far from being a service officer, we will see what the others say about this.

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine