VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Dig/sdig Codes

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I stopped by the SSA office today to pick up a copy of my award and reasons given for the award. To my surprise they handed me a letter with no more than Code numbers on it and would not tell me what they ment.

I asked how is my Dr. or psychiatrist or even the VA to know what these Codes mean. They told me that the VARO would know what they ment. I asked them why they used the Code, my Dr and/or psychiatrist needs to know what they mean and they will have no clue.

As it turns out, I was right, the VA hospital has no idea, nor the Social Worker I talked to. I went by my VSO and even they didn't know what the Codes stood for.

Don't I have a right to know what these Codes mean? What must I do if the VARO will not tell me what the Codes mean? Can I submit a FOIA request, will SSA be forced to tell me what these Codes mean? Will a similiar request to the VARO make them tell me what these Codes mean?

The Codes are DIG 2780 and SDIG 7150

This has me so upset and my paranoia that the Government is out to get me is really beginning to scare me. It's things like this that gets my idealation screeming at me to do something. Time for Meds. I hate taking them, makes me feel like a Zomby.

Any help is appreciated

Rockhound :)

Edited by Rockhound

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Man my post here seemed to dissappear. If it does not show up later, I kinda said this:

The clerk probably was like the 1-800 guys we deal will daily. The simply did not know the answer to your question.

The SSA along with every other insurance company uses a standard medical reference to determine what the codes mean so yes the VA will know.

The medical community uses these codes to make their diagnosis' standard throughout the country. The VA has access to this list.

Both rental and CG has given you some good poop.

• HadIt.com Elder
I stopped by the SSA office today to pick up a copy of my award and reasons given for the award. To my surprise they handed me a letter with no more than Code numbers on it and would not tell me what they ment.

I asked how is my Dr. or psychiatrist or even the VA to know what these Codes mean. They told me that the VARO would know what they ment. I asked them why they used the Code, my Dr and/or psychiatrist needs to know what they mean and they will have no clue.

As it turns out, I was right, the VA hospital has no idea, nor the Social Worker I talked to. I went by my VSO and even they didn't know what the Codes stood for.

Don't I have a right to know what these Codes mean? What must I do if the VARO will not tell me what the Codes mean? Can I submit a FOIA request, will SSA be forced to tell me what these Codes mean? Will a similiar request to the VARO make them tell me what these Codes mean?

The Codes are DIG 2780 and SDIG 7150

Rockhound B)

I went into the SSA's site and looked up their codes. I found the following and maybe they are what is meant:

DIG could it be DIC? and SDIG means SDIC? There is a List entitled Diagnosis Impairment Code and Secondary Diagnosis Impairment Code.

The number 2780 stands for Osteoarthurosis and Allied Disorders (which would be the first diagnosis impairment code)

The number 7150 stands for Obesity and other Hyperalimenation (which is the secondary diagnosis code)

The site I found this info on is below. Hope it helps.

DI 267510.015 Completion of Item 16A and 16B - (Primary and Secondary Diagnosis, Body System Code and Impairment Code)