VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm Confused...

Rate this question

ewok

Question

Hello,

I am new here. I am currently rated at a combined total of 50%. I received this rating a few weeks ago. I got two form letters from the VA a couple of days ago stating that they had received my application for benefits. I am confused because I have not submitted any applications for benefits since they already approved service connection for everything I already applied for. The only thing I can think of is that I have been diagnosed with a new condition by the VA doctors. Do you think the VA doctors submitted a claim for me without my knowing? Does this happen often?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

welcome ewok ,I think it is a paper work screw up on the varo. If you didn't file any more claims than the ones you have already applied for, NO one else can file without your signature or atleast your knowledge. If you have a service officer get in touch with them for complete clairfacation.

ewoke: If I were you, I do at the very least, one of two things.

1. If you have a service officer, I would go and see them in person and not leave his office until he has gotten in touch with the VARO and they have sent him a fax that statew that they are looking into the problem or acknowledge their was a mistake made.

2. Go in person to the VARO and not trust notifying them by phone and/or mail on this matter. again do not leave their office until you have something in writing that they are looking into the matter and/or that they have corrected the error.

If you trust a phone call or a letter to them, trying to get an answer, could easily confuse the issue further.

I've been in the same position you are in and it cost me a year and a half before I was able to streightened it out. It was for that I came to know about "hadit.com" and was able to get some very good advice in furthering my claim, I had left idle for way to long, thinking I had no further recourse to fight the VA.

Oh ya! I sould have said three things, while at the VARO, I would have them place in your file a hand delivered letter of your inquiry into this matter and get a date stamped copy of your own and make sure that the person signing the copy also prints out their name and position.

Failure to do anything, may possibly cause your claim to be reduced or even cancell your exsisting benefits.

anything could happen, if you are seeing a Dr at the VAMC, if your condition has worsened, you could see an increase in you compensation. DON"T leave it up to the VARO to make that call!

Good luck.

Jim S, B)