Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mental Health Intake

Rate this question

donews

Question

I grabbed the most recent medical records when I was at the VAMC today.

It contained the information from my mental health intake consult (even tho the roi person said I was not allowed to have my metal health records with prior doctors consent.)

It has a section for diagnosis and reads as follows:

Axis I: Major Depression, r/o Depression secondary to dementia

Axis II: deferred

Axis III: see list above

Axis IV: no psychosocial stressors at this time

Axis V: 49-51

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

If so please help me understand.

She also stated somewhere in there that further evaluation was waranted to decided if I had a PTSD.

I had another appointment with a Mental Health since then, but those records were not included in this packet.

Donewsome

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you should be 100% and that your depression claim should be back to the time your heart condition was SC'ed if VA says that is the cause of your depression.

I think you should be 100% and that your depression claim should be back to the time your heart condition was SC'ed if VA says that is the cause of your depression.

Yes, that is what is great I plan on using their own words to prove the Service Connection.

Here is a quote from the Decision I received March 30, 2006 :

"We have continued the denial of service connection for depression secondary to your diabetes. Upon VA examination, you were diagnosed with depressive disorder, not otherwise specified but the examiner states that this condition's onset was related to your open heart surgery and not your diabetes. Your heart condition has not been service connected so service connection for any condition caused by your heart is not in order."

It is my thought that this little paragraph means they proved my service connection for me considering that now all my heart conditions are service connected, even the open heart surgery.

I originally filed for service connection for my heart conditions on April 1,2005 and they were on appeal until the full grant of service connection on January 8,2008. They gave me an effective date of April 1,2005.

Donewsome

• HadIt.com Elder

That is absurd because it is well known that DMII causes heart disease. This is the VA just trying to get out of paying. How can they say the DMII had not connection to your heart disease? Either way your heart condition should have been SC.