Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retire Retro Payment

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

I sent a email to DFAS thru my pay account asking hey where is my money? I am in the first group of 133,ooo. After over 30 days this is ther response ITS BASICLY GO AWAY KID YOU BOTHER US go away

Jim

PS its

Dear Sergeant XXXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail dated 15 January 2008.

In an effort to protect your privacy, we are not including your original

request.

The VA Retro project started in September of 2006 with over 133,000

retiree records to review and audit for possible retro pay. Every month

since this project has been started many retirees per month have been

granted increases or updates to their VA disability. A database is being

developed to process these cases but many are very complex and it is

taking longer than anticipated to get these records automated. Meanwhile

we are manually processing the cases in the order in which the VA

disability started coming out of the retiree's pay. We apologize, but

we have not yet finished all of the original 133,000 cases. We are

working diligently to process your case. Unfortunately, we do not have a

timetable at this time. Thank you for your patience with this process.

Your information is in the system.

We are committed to providing quality service. We request that if you

need to contact us again, please provide a brief description of previous

e-mails in your subsequent e-mail. Please click on the following link to

begin your e-mail response and be sure to answer the verification

questions: https://ca.dtic.mil/dfas/s-retired/ret1-pay.htm

For further information, please feel free to contact us again by e-mail

or by calling 877-327-4457. Customer Service Representatives are

available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Eastern

Time.

Sincerely,

David B

Technician

VA Retro Pay

Edited by Jim MAC

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

These guys are a joke. A pay system based upon computerized payments that has paid millions upon millions of service members throughout the years. They have dealt with untold cases of back payments for thousands of reasons and dealt with them in a matter of days.

Now they claim that they have to do this by stubby pencil and paper!! A simple project of paying 133,000 guys and gals and they still have not figured out how to do so. And on top of this hunderds of new cases are being developed monthly!!!!

Not only should they have figured out a way to make the payments to those original 133,000 within just a few short weeks one would have thought that they would have the problems solved by now to also take care of they new ones added.

This is a case of DoD providing job security for a contrator and delibertly holding on to dollars. Each and every one involved in this should be jailed or shot!!! I too am in the original 133,000 and had almost forgot about the money until I read your post. They are a disgrace to the U.S. Government just like the VA. Not only do we have to put up with the B.S from the VA, but also with the DoD once we finally succeed on our claims. I sent my congress idiot a letter about this about 8 months ago but have not received a reply yet. I guess congress is also plagued with the same problems as DoD.

These guys are a joke. A pay system based upon computerized payments that has paid millions upon millions of service members throughout the years. They have dealt with untold cases of back payments for thousands of reasons and dealt with them in a matter of days...

This is a case of DoD providing job security for a contrator and delibertly holding on to dollars.

Hi Ricky,

I'm sad to say that I agree with you, notwithstanding I used to be part of what now is DFAS

(pre-contractor era).

As we discussed once before privately, they replaced soldiers who had spent years learning the pay systems and replaced them with primarily people who had no experience with the military systems. I truly believe most of the contractors know how to push buttons and manipulate screens, but couldn't compute a reenlistment bonus with a calculator, coach, and pen/paper.

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

When I was in the Army they paid in cash and all dollar bills. I thought it was stupid than. What's worse I had to salute to get it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

When I was in the Army they paid in cash and all dollar bills. I thought it was stupid than. What's worse I had to salute to get it.

And...as you tried to walk out the door, there were at least 2 NCOs there to hit you up for donations/starts for savings bonds, AER, etc.

Ron

Pete - I went through some of that reporting to the pay officer also. And yes Ron - there was a couple of bullies waiting at the door to take some of that money away from you!!!! The good ole days.......

Ron this contractor thing is just crazy. I think it is Lockheed they hired to do this back pay thing for CRDP and CRSC. In my day of dealing with contracts they always had performance standards and drop dead dates for target points. Guess they did away with that and now just let them suck up the bucks without any accountability.

TSP is another story. They, just a couple of years ago, let one of these fly by night companys suck millions of millions of dollars from TSP funds in the name of updating the management system. Dang government set up a system where you could not do timely fund management yourself on the computer. A contractor came along and told the government they could fix the problem. They worked on it for years and finally had to be released from the contract (after sucking millions of dollars up). Now there are hundreds of online trading companies that work just fine so I do not know what the problem was. Government is supposed to sue but I betcha they just kinda fade away into the night. The payments were charged to all TSP participants under administrative costs.