Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crsc

Rate this question

Berta

Question

"As an Ambassador, Tormala is required to participate in ongoing training through the CRSC office and disseminate information as the program changes due to law or as it effects eligibility for retired veterans.

For example, Tormala said they are currently awaiting guidelines on how medically retired (Chapter 61) veterans will be processed within the CRSC claims system in each branch of the military."

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfFEB08/nf022408-6.htm

I am convinced that many retirees are not getting the scoop on CRSC /CRDP.

Some guy last year at K Mart saw some stickers on my car and asked me if I was a vet but I had to explain the stickers-Proud USAF MOM , and USMC stuff-and AMU thing-and Vietnam thing-

He had just retired ,had mil rating, and was going to file a SC claim-

and had no idea at all of CRSC or CRDP-

I gave him our card business card- the info is here-

This concerns me SO MUCH-

there is still a lot lacking in transition programs for retirees as well as for OIF/OEF vets.

The discharge centers for reservists and any discharge point has to get up to speed on plenty-

I suggested to the Vets Comm on Dis (Dole Shalala) that every new vet should get a pamphlet with list of all the good web sites on it- VA claims help,(I told them Hadit was the BEST) VA, DFAS,how to find a buddy on line etc etc etc etc

This should all be part of the VA's muster out briefings.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

"As an Ambassador, Tormala is required to participate in ongoing training through the CRSC office and disseminate information as the program changes due to law or as it effects eligibility for retired veterans.

For example, Tormala said they are currently awaiting guidelines on how medically retired (Chapter 61) veterans will be processed within the CRSC claims system in each branch of the military."

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfFEB08/nf022408-6.htm

I am convinced that many retirees are not getting the scoop on CRSC /CRDP.

Some guy last year at K Mart saw some stickers on my car and asked me if I was a vet but I had to explain the stickers-Proud USAF MOM , and USMC stuff-and AMU thing-and Vietnam thing-

He had just retired ,had mil rating, and was going to file a SC claim-

and had no idea at all of CRSC or CRDP-

I gave him our card business card- the info is here-

This concerns me SO MUCH-

there is still a lot lacking in transition programs for retirees as well as for OIF/OEF vets.

The discharge centers for reservists and any discharge point has to get up to speed on plenty-

I suggested to the Vets Comm on Dis (Dole Shalala) that every new vet should get a pamphlet with list of all the good web sites on it- VA claims help,(I told them Hadit was the BEST) VA, DFAS,how to find a buddy on line etc etc etc etc

This should all be part of the VA's muster out briefings.

Berta

When I retired in 03 it was so bad I did not get a retirment physical. I asked for one was told I had a PHA whitin the past year and did not need one. I retire from Active Duty with active skin cancer could not get it taken care of. Then they wanted me to sign up for tricare and pay over 500 bucks a year to use the Military hospital. I laughed could not get an appt on active duty how could i get one as a retire? So I just use tricare standard and pay as I go

jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

So I just use tricare standard and pay as I go

jim

Hi Jim,

I've used TriCare Standard for 17 years and I've been very happy with it. When my last pacemaker was implanted I think the total cost (billed) was $34,000 for everything and my part was about

$1700 (which was based on the amount allowed by Tricare).

Ron

The real problem with the CRSC program are the rules. The current and revised rules still does not give credit to time served.

I have 14.5 good years in and was normally discharged, then went through the VA system. I don't qualify for CRSC because I do not have 15 years to qualify for early retirement nor discharged by medical reasons. I obviously can't go back and finish my time.

In contrast, If a private that was in the service for a year gets injured, and medically discharged, the soldier will qualify.

For those of you current soldiers reading this.... GO OUT ON MEDICAL IF YOU EVER GET INJURED!!