Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

All you have to do is ask your VARO for it. They are supposed to give it to you in a few weeks. If you are close to a decision you should wait till after they make it. Even if you get everything you want you should get a copy of it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Send a letter, note, basically any form to the VARO and tell them you want a copy of your C-File. You might want to put something to the extent of you want everything contained in your C-File and mention that you are requesting it under the Freedom of Information Act.

That just a precaution, some vets have had issues getting their C-File or at least a complete copy of it if they didn't say they wanted everything contained in the file or that they wanted it under the FOIA.

Each VARO is completely different, heck sometimes 2 vets can get a very different experience from the same rep let alone VARO.

I requested mine, got a form about a week later saying they received my request and were working on it. It has been about 2 weeks now since I requested it. If I don't see mine by week 3 I will call and follow up.

Good luck.

Donewsome

Did you receive the records at that time or were they mailed to you?

Thanks,

Ron

I requested mine using the VA's form and received it in about 2 weeks. here's the form number 10-5345a-M just do a serch on the va web site and fill it out and send it in. Sgt D

"Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the Way"