Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Hope This Is A Success Story

Rate this topic

rdawg

They said my claim to add wife and 2 kids to claim went to the rating board today.

I was awarded 30% in Nov07. They had all of the info for my dependants but sent me a form to fill out to add them. I filled it out and sent it in and they said it could be 18mos until thay are added. WHat a crock. I've been on them, calling the 800# and having my VSO check regularly. Maybe enxt month I will get the rest of the retro and the correct amount.

One good thing, I am now considered priority 2 for healthcare. I thought it was only for sc'd conditions but because I'm between 30 and 50 % it's for everything. I think I need to make co-pays for non-sc'd conditions. No bigee.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Good for you. I think that you need to be 50% or more to get rid of copays unless the prescription is for service connected condition.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Atleast they have acknowledged thay have your information now and are working on adding them.

Thats some progress.

Fingers crossed it doesn't take so long to get done.

You are right Pete53 - 50% or more will get you no co pays and don't forget 50% will get you travel pay if you were previously not eligible.

Donewsome

Hey dawg - make sure you are paid right on the dependant back pay it should be:

$1.75 per month for the wife

Kids will get you any where from 17.5 cents and and 19.8 cents per month depending on their height and weight.

Now if you really want to roll into the money get yourself a mistress. Even the VA knows that a mistress is high maintainence therefore, they provide you $4.34 per month for her. They also increase your death benefit quite a bit for when the $1.75 per month wife finds out about the $4.34 per month mistress. You know how them wives are when they find out you are spending more on "fishing" a month than you are them. hahahahahahahaha. :lol:

Congratulations on your claim and good luck with the adding them heavy and exteremly tall kids.

Edited by Ricky

I just spoke with my AL rep. They sent my file from baltimore to providence, RI. WHat's up with that. She say's it is very easy to add dependants and there was no reason to send it out.

• HadIt.com Elder

Might be a review of some sort. Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use