Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Hospital Marion Illinois

Rate this question

LeatherBill

Question

I am 54yrs ogf age and Vietnam Era Veteran>I have a claim for PTSD and an Eye Injury.

The last year i have been having Chest pains along with Numdness an aches on my left side.

Well the VA in Marion Illinois has run all kinds of test an x-rays >All they say is i am just old.

But now i am wondering if they are just railroading me. This VA hospital has had some very serious

issues concerning treatment....So i am feeling that thier credibilty is a serious question.

So i was wondering if the VA pays for outside Diagnosis.

I am also wondering if there are any other Veterans familiar with the VA Hospital in Marion Illinois

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Leatherbill,

You say Viet Nam ere---were you in country or on a ship. Are you currently service connected? Do you have a nexus, something in your service record showing these conditions? Sometimes--but rarely the VA will send you for outside test they can't do but it is rare.

I used the Marion VA for about 3 years and felt they were very-very good, polite people and took excellant care of me and I was only 10% at the time.

I am 54yrs ogf age and Vietnam Era Veteran>I have a claim for PTSD and an Eye Injury.

The last year i have been having Chest pains along with Numdness an aches on my left side.

Well the VA in Marion Illinois has run all kinds of test an x-rays >All they say is i am just old.

But now i am wondering if they are just railroading me. This VA hospital has had some very serious

issues concerning treatment....So i am feeling that thier credibilty is a serious question.

I am also wondering if there are any other Veterans familiar with the VA Hospital in Marion Illinois

Marion VA is in a lot of trouble:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15268

I definitely feel you shuld get an outside medical opinion-

if the VA causes a vet to incur additional disability due to malpractice the vet can get the additional disability SCed under Sec 1151,38 USC or sue them or both.

The Bath VAMC and Syracuse VAMCs killed my husband.(FTCA/1151 dcumented)

In 1994 Rod was becoming concerned by his medical care-he felt they were not appropriately treating his PTSD-but he added to his 1151 claim-he feared they misdiagnosed him in other ways too and could eventually cause his death.

After he filed this claim Pres Clinton got on TV and yapped about how wonderful the VA was-it was the BEST health care system in the world.

Rod got upset and said maybe he should withdraw the 1151 claim-until I said-"honey' how would he know--- he had to be taught how to Salute!"

He was right-within 7 months of filing his 1151 -the VA had caused his death.

Malpractice happens evereywhere- not just the VA-

and more happens then we know-

my husband's case was a long 6 year cover up that I had to unravel--

6 years of malpractice-involving

countless medical VA professionals-

An outside opinion might well show you are getting the proper care but if you have any doubt whatsoever-get a private opinion.

There ARE some great doctors at the VAMCs- some of the best people I know work for the VA in all sorts of positions-

I thought we were always on top of Rod's care until the first documented negligence happened-

but it was hard for us to accept that 'more than likely' that incident was only the tip of the iceberg.

Doctor after doctor covered up for 6 years my husband's true medical condition- knowing without care he would die and hopefully his wife would never find out what they did.

You will have peace of mind to know from an outside doctor if they are giving you proper care.(and the basis for FTCA/Sec 1151 if they arent)

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

YOU REALLY REALLY NEED TO SEE A WELL QUALIFIED CARDIOLOGIST ASAP!

This is nothing to fool with. I have no idea what tests were made by the VA, and suggest that you obtain copies and take them to a non VA doctor for an outside evaluation/opinion.

Those symptoms (without any others) are of very very serious concern. Age 54 is an age where this set of symptoms often indicates potentially life threatening conditions. "Just getting old" is a cop out.

"Chest pains along with Numbness an aches on my left side"

I am 54yrs of age and Vietnam Era Veteran>I have a claim for PTSD and an Eye Injury.

The last year i have been having Chest pains along with Numbness an aches on my left side.

issues concerning treatment....So i am feeling that their credibility is a serious question.

Edited by Chuck75