Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supposed To Be Re-evaluated This Month?

Rate this question

JennLea

Question

B) I'm going nuts waiting to see if they are sending me in for another C&P. I kept being told over the last couple of years that I would be re-evaluated in September 2005. Now I might have complicated things because I submitted a claim for something else over the summer which is now with the "rating board" (yes that is what I was told).

So what does that mean? Will this push back my evaluation? I don't think that the new claim will be given any additional percentage (it's complicated and I'm not really upset about it though).

Do they have the option of going through all my records at once (since the newer claim sort of corresponded with the two older medical issues that I am already rated at 100% for? I mean could they just look through my C-file and re-evaluate it since it's already in their office and basically has up to date info - personal statements and treatment notes regarding migraines and mental health - on me (minus newer C&P's for neurology and mental health)?

I called the Regional VA office and all they keep telling me is that if I'm to have a re-evaluation I with receive a letter from the VA hospital telling me when the C&P is scheduled.

My anxiety levels are rising every day. Sorry if I was rambling a bit.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Please remain calm as you really have to have something before you can react. Sometimes the VA even does the right thing.

Whenever you submit a new claim the VA looks at everything. It is fairly common to be scheduled to be looked at and for it not to happen.

If you are over 50 and not working than its pretty safe.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Well, my other claim already has been looked at and I'm I'm fine with that. I'm just worried about the re-evaluation of the 100% part and wondering if that is going to happen. And I'm not 50 or over - I'm not even 40 yet.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok but are you working? Not being able to work is probably the best way to keep it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

:lol: I'm going nuts waiting to see if they are sending me in for another C&P. I kept being told over the last couple of years that I would be re-evaluated in September 2005. Now I might have complicated things because I submitted a claim for something else over the summer which is now with the "rating board" (yes that is what I was told).

So what does that mean? Will this push back my evaluation? I don't think that the new claim will be given any additional percentage (it's complicated and I'm not really upset about it though).

Do they have the option of going through all my records at once (since the newer claim sort of corresponded with the two older medical issues that I am already rated at 100% for? I mean could they just look through my C-file and re-evaluate it since it's already in their office and basically has up to date info - personal statements and treatment notes regarding migraines and mental health - on me (minus newer C&P's for neurology and mental health)?

I called the Regional VA office and all they keep telling me is that if I'm to have a re-evaluation I with receive a letter from the VA hospital telling me when the C&P is scheduled.

My anxiety levels are rising every day. Sorry if I was rambling a bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>