VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Linear Vs Standard Mode

BMCS00

Does anyone else have the same issue? Standard mode is supposed to display the newest post first, and Linear mode is supposed to display the oldest mode first. Linear is better for me because I get to the page, read the initial post, and scroll through the replies in the order they were posted ... much easier to follow the thread. Tbird has looked into it and can't seem to find anything wrong, they work properly on his computer. I have 1 desktop and 3 laptop computers in my house, and several in my classroom and out and about ... all the same. I wonder if it could be because of roadrunner.com? Who knows.

It's a great site, that's why I keep coming back ...

--Jim

Life is good!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

fron the help files

At the top of each topic, there is a 'Options' menu. Clicking this menu will expand the options menu.

From this menu, you can select from the following options:

• Track this topic - this option will allow you to receive e-mail updates for the topic, see the 'Email Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this
    • Email this topic - from here you can email a link of this topic to someone by entering their name, email, and desired language.
    • Print this topic - this will present the current topic you are viewing a printer friendly format, removing most images and using a standard layout.
    • Download this topic - will show the topic in a number of different formats. 'Printer Friendly Version' will display a version of the topic that is suitable for printing out. 'Download HTML Version' will download a copy of the topic to your hard drive, and this can then be viewed in a web browser, without having to visit the board. 'Download Microsoft Word Version' will allow you to download the file to your hard drive and open it up in the popular word processing application, Microsoft Word, for viewing offline.
      • Subscribe to this forum - will allow you to receive e-mail updates for any new topics posted in the forum, see the Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this

You can also select one of three topic display modes:

Does anyone else have the same issue? Standard mode is supposed to display the newest post first, and Linear mode is supposed to display the oldest mode first. Linear is better for me because I get to the page, read the initial post, and scroll through the replies in the order they were posted ... much easier to follow the thread. Tbird has looked into it and can't seem to find anything wrong, they work properly on his computer. I have 1 desktop and 3 laptop computers in my house, and several in my classroom and out and about ... all the same. I wonder if it could be because of roadrunner.com? Who knows.

It's a great site, that's why I keep coming back ...

--Jim

Life is good!

• Outline - Original Post First - shows you one post with a list of the remaining posts at the below it, in tree format.
      • [*]Standard - Newest First - this display mode shows the topic in the standard layout of one post above another.

[*]Linear+ - Newest First - is similiar to standard with the added benefit of having the first post of the topic always shown at the top, no matter what page of the topic you are on.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.