Rate this question

windy city

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ricky

Is it possible if can display a case retlaing to this issue. And I do not understand why will they give a vet a hard time if has been diagnosed with both issues.

Sorry but referring to awarded claims will do not do you any good. Each case is a different animal. The reason for such a hard time is that symptoms of both overlap so much. However, your doctor can un-confuse them with a well written IMO.

Windy city: it is hard for Gulf War Vets to claim both these because the VA has established a catagory/disease called Gulf War syndrome which encompasses all the symptoms of FMS, CFS and IBS. Because these diseases are very similiar and the symptoms of each are exactly the same it is hard to determine or differentiate between them. Most doctors think they are actually the same condition. Normally depending on what type of doctor you see will depend on wether they call it FMS(rheumatogolist) or CFS or there are a few others.

Again as Rick said if your doctor makes a strong case as to why they believe it is both CFS and FMS and deliniates between the 2 in a well written IMO then you should stand a chance with VA claim. Good luck

I agree with what has been stated already. I have both. Difference is that my CFS is considered secondary to my chronic pain syndrome. And, my Fibromyalagia is considered secondary to Ankylosing Spondylitis. So, it really depends on what the medical issues are because I use to think that pulling some of these cases from the BVA archives could help support my claims. But we really don't know what someone else's medical picture is in its entirety. But they can help you to better compile what you need and present your claim.