Rate this question

otey2171

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I agree with you. I have had depression for my entire life. You must fight it tooth and nail. I find that taking one 100 milligram tablet of sertraline a day makes my living with depression a whole lot better. Of course VA would depress anyone. hang in there buddy we are all rooting for you and you are not alone.

Randall

Edited by rthomass

Hang in there Buddy. Have you tried picking up a new hobby?? To be honest, I play poker on-line when my depression symptoms kicks in. It is comforting to me.

Hang In there, I've been suffering from this depression thing for 39 years now. Nothing has worked for me either. I have tried it all, i have tried all the drugs the VA has provided, and it just makes things worse. I imagine if I drank alcohol, or some other

street drug I'd be dead by now. So don't do that. Doesn't work either.

Ron

I'm sooooooooooooooooo tired of being depressed. Nothing helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Depression by it's name is depressing and then add having to deal with the VAROs for compensation claims just makes it that much worse. I have tried everything to cope with depression alcohol, drugs both legal and illegal, became a workaholic 20 hrs a day 8-10 hrs delivering mail then pizza's until 1 am Sundays was my easy day 12 hours at the pizza store lol

nothing really works on depression, suicide ends it, I have tried that 3 times and luckily screwed that up :blink: I will never be happy "happy" but knowing that my needs are met now make life easier, that my wife and son will be taken care of improves life's out look, will I ever be "healthy" no, between the PTSD. heart disease and bad back that is an impossibility now I play Pogo games, watch golf on the computer, help other vets online, and hope I wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

None of the VA drugs worked for me either...just made things worse with all the side-effects. Like some very heavy weight on your shoulders. There when you wake up and last til you go to sleep. Yes, I've been at the brink of suicide many times. Just want it to stop.

jaz