Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Know This Is Crazy But

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I am going in for a C&P exam for complications of diabetes I am asking for an increase for PN feet pain,is unbearable and I am on 2 meds now to just get it to the point I can function. I also have just been DX with Penicarius Anemia with B12 shots monthly. I am also having trouble with both hands tingling and numbness. Oh plus I am on 2 diff meds for HBP. I am asking for the hypertension that I have to be rated.

Finally my questions which I know has been asked before "do I stop taking my meds" so the exam will be a full impartial exam showing my diseases and the effect of my diabetes or do I just take a list of my meds and tell them if not for the meds I would be in worse shape?

Any and all feed back would be apprecaited.

Stillhere

Edited by stillhere

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I am goiing in for a C&P exam for complications of diabetes I am asking for an increase for PN feet pain,is unbearable and I am on 2 meds now to just get it to the point I can function. I also have just been DX with Penicarius Anemia with B12 shots monthly. I am also having trobles with both hands tingling and numbness. Oh plus I am on 2 diff meds for HBP. I am asking for the hypertension that I have to be rated.

Finally my questions which I know has been asked before "do I stop taking my meds" so the exam will be a full unpartial exam showing my diseases and the effect of my diabetes or do I just take a list of my meds and tell them if not for the meds I would be in worse shape?

Any and all feed back would be apprecaited.

Stillhere

Being a diabetic myself, I never advise anyone to stop taking their medication. It can be so dangerous.

Surely to goodness, the doc can see that your body has already taken its' toll from the illnesss.

If he can't, he is stupid.

For the blood pressure, you may be leaving yourself wide open for a stroke etc.

I am sure you are aware of this.

Take all of your bottles of meds with you and show them to the doctor. If you are on insulin, take that too.

This is just my honest opinion.

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

If it were pain and inflamation meds I would say yes, but in your case I am saying NO. If you stop taking your meds, you could be putting your life in jeapordy. An increased rating won't do you any good if you are dead. Personally, whenever I have a C&P, I get a plastic shopping bag (like from the grocery store) and put all of my med bottles in it (I'm up to about a dozen now), and when the doc starts asking about my meds, I pull out all of the bottles and apologize for not being able to recall all of the names.

90%, TDIU P&T