Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do You Think...?

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

I have been wondering ever since I came to Hadit.com if there is a differentiation in the handling of claims for those who are retired veterans, as opposed to those who did not retire or serve out his/her entire enlistment?

It just seems that for some on here the process goes a whole lot smoother if you actually retired from the military than if you got out earlier; especially if you separated before your ETS date. I had two enlistment terms. I did get out sooner than my scheduled ETS from my first enlistment. But I served my entire enlistment in the second phase, but did not retire. However, my work history (per SSA is "excellent"...so VA would have to know that me filing a claim for an increase was never about wanting to leech off of them because I definitely made more money working). Maybe they are going to do right by me this time. I don't know.

Maybe I'm just frustrated with my medical condition robbing me of my life and today I'm venting, rambling, thinking too much. Anyway, just wondering what others think about the whole retired as opposed to not.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Touche! Tyler you and most of the Back in the day folks have to agree this information highway was not readily available.And only for us now can these issues be addressed.Even though we had VSO and POA they are useless. Good post.

Thanks, Tyler. I know exactly what you are talking about. I will attempt to stay focus on what the issues are today and let go of yester-year, since I can't change anything anyway. At least they service connected me back then.

As much as my original rating iritates me when I read it and the regs, I am glad I was at least given SC. I cant imagine how much harder it would be to get them to SC and rate it now. I guess I will find that out with my Hypertension claim.

Keep on Keeping on!

Tyler