Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do Next?

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

Well as some of you might know I have had 4 operations for skin cancer. I am currently seviced connected at 0 percent. Well I went to the VA hospital yesterday and I saw a full bird Army Col. He told me he was a head and neck surgon and that I need a Mh's surgon. He explanied that he would be the one to rebuild my face when they were done. I also found out something new. There are two seperate sub strains of basial cell that spreads out and the VA lab did not indetifey this and that is why my VA surgon kept thinking he had cut it all out. Well I sent the NOD in for an increase on my service connection. In My NOD I asked for a DRO hearing. I rather due a DRO hearing right away then wait 3 years to get to the Board.

So my question is does anybody know where I can find out info on this sub strain? I tried web MD no luck

As always thanks all for your support

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Well as some of you might know I have had 4 operations for skin cancer. I am currently seviced connected at 0 percent. Well I went to the VA hospital yesterday and I saw a full bird Army Col. He told me he was a head and neck surgon and that I need a Mh's surgon. He explanied that he would be the one to rebuild my face when they were done. I also found out something new. There are two seperate sub strains of basial cell that spreads out and the VA lab did not indetifey this and that is why my VA surgon kept thinking he had cut it all out. Well I sent the NOD in for an increase on my service connection. In My NOD I asked for a DRO hearing. I rather due a DRO hearing right away then wait 3 years to get to the Board.

So my question is does anybody know where I can find out info on this sub strain? I tried web MD no luck

As always thanks all for your support

Jim

Jim, How about requesting a consultation with the Full Bird? Can't you call his office and ask for more information about the sub strain? If the VA should have run diagnostics in their laboratory and did not do so (leading to progression of the disease), you could file a Section 1151 Claim for aggravation of your service connection. Hang in there and be good to yourself. Have you thought about alternative/complimentory medicine as well as surgery? ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

http://www.skincancer.org/basal-cell/basal...arcinoma_2.html

They have all of the descriptions of basal cell on that link.

Thank you so much vetswife

This is the one he said I was just in a little state of shock

Sclerosing or Fibrosing. Fibrosing basal cell carcinoma is also called morphea-like carcinoma. This fibrosing type of tumor begins as a flat or slightly depressed, shiny, hard, yellow-white patch with an irregular border. Sometimes, it may be present for years without growing or being recognized. More often, though, the lesion grows quickly, reaching a diameter of several centimeters within a few months. This is a fairly uncommon type of skin cancer, and can be difficult to eradicate because of invisible root-like extensions of the tumor that reach into the underlying tissue.

So at least now I know what i have.

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim