Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Proper Procedure To Turn An

Rate this question

lu12

Question

Informal claim process. If you have been ask during a previous C&P examination, under the history and subjective complaints, subsections A&B: what other complaints or medical conditions do you have? - apart - from the sc'd disabilities you where been evaluated, how do you go about to claim your previously complaint from an informal claim to a formal claim and what it would be the EED for that matter?

Let say, that you complaint of bilateral Knee pain in a Jan 2008 C&P for increase for a sc'd lumbar disorder, then you claim sc's for the knee bilateral factor disorder in Jul 2008 six month later. Since it's been documented on a earlier C&P evaluation the EED, could be effective from January instead of July of the same year? would this explain the informal - formal claim process?

lu12

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Founder

lots of information on the site about informal claims check these links http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%...G=Google+Search

Informal claim process. If you have been ask during a previous C&P examination, under the history and subjective complaints, subsections A&B: what other complaints or medical conditions do you have? - apart - from the sc'd disabilities you where been evaluated, how do you go about to claim your previously complaint from an informal claim to a formal claim and what it would be the EED for that matter?

Let say, that you complaint of bilateral Knee pain in a Jan 2008 C&P for increase for a sc'd lumbar disorder, then you claim sc's for the knee bilateral factor disorder in Jul 2008 six month later. Since it's been documented on a earlier C&P evaluation the EED, could be effective from January instead of July of the same year? would this explain the informal - formal claim process?

lu12

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fill out the Form 9 send it to the VARO and it becomes a formal claim.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Just a couple of notes:

The form 9 is only used for Appeals

A complaint to a C and P examiner is not a claim - informal or other wise. It does not and will not establish any form of effective date.

sorry

In order to establish any type of claim for a disability one must tell the VA what they are claiming and what they want done about it.

Edited by Ricky